How are y’all coming on your holiday shopping? Done? Half-way there? Not even started yet? Please say you’re like me and haven’t started. I have lots of ideas for my friends and family, I just haven’t put it into action yet. This year we’re splitting the holidays between Texas to see my family and Georgia to see the Mr’s family. I have to say the best part about getting married is expanding your family. I know a lot of people complain about their in-laws, but I really lucked out–mine are fabulous! Plus, I’m gaining a sister-in-law. A real live sister! I’ve always wanted one. And she’s perfect! The best part is we’re too old to fight and pull each other’s hair. It’s nothing but shopping, gossiping, and side-hugs for us. Plus, she agreed to wear an orange bridesmaids dress in my wedding. True love wears orange for you.
My other true love in life? Monster cookies. Chock full of fun bits of chocolate chips, chocolate M&Ms, and oats. They’re glorious. Enjoy these!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup peanut butter (not the natural kind that separates easily)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup M & M candies
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the softened butter and peanut butter. Once blended, add sugar and stir well. Next, add egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients. Add this to the butter mixture and stir well, but do not overmix.
- Drop by large 2-tablespoon sized balls onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.