I have wedding photos for you.

You’re not going to read this paragraph; you’re just going to scroll straight down and hurry to get to the photos, so go on. I’ll wait.  You’ll be back after you look at all the photos. I made the executive decision to exclude my family from this public sharing. A wedding day is very personal. I don’t want to exploit my friends and family on this site. Besides, if y’all saw how good looking our families are, you’d be trying to marrying into our clan. Kidding.

So, I hope you enjoyed photos of me & Brian, the food and the décor.  Yes, we are Catholic. Yes, that is a waterfall braid in my hair. And most importantly: we are serious two-steppers. Serious. All photos by Wrenn Bird Photography.

Rehearsal Dinner:

Rehearsal1

This is our practice run at the Church on Friday night.

The last 24 hours before we were married!

The last 24 hours before we were married!

DulaneyCollage

Our rehearsal dinner was at the historical Dulaney house in McKinney, Texas. Our color for the evening was coral.

RehearsalFood

Dinner was crab cake salad, buttermilk fried catfish, jalapeno hushpuppies, fried okra (my personal favorite), cole slaw, and squash casserole. Dessert was lemon bars and peach cobbler.

Brian bravely gave a toast. I just held his hand and smiled.

Brian bravely gave a toast. I just held his hand and smiled.

Wedding Day:

Wrenn took this amazing photo of my dress and my boots.

Wrenn took this amazing photo of my dress and my boots.

Getting ready:  I chose a waterfall braid for my hair style. It was off my face, yet still down. I loved it. Brian took a photo of his boutonniere before pinning it on. I love the succulents + wheat. We both wore boots for the Big Day.

Getting ready: I chose a waterfall braid for my hair style. My hair was off my face, yet still down. I loved it. A photo of Brian’s boutonniere before pinning it on. I love the succulents + wheat. We both wore boots for the Big Day.

ringphoto

Top ring is my grandmother’s wedding band. I love it. It has 63 years of happiness inside of it. The middle ring is my diamond (obviously). Hey girls who are about to get engaged: gold is back. For real. The bottom ring is his lovely thick milgrain band.

Chairphoto

This is from my bridal portrait session. It’s a very Southern tradition for the bride to have her portrait done alone.

dress1

I love lace!

I love lace!

window

church3

WhiskeyTasting

While we took photos after the ceremony, our guests enjoyed a whiskey tasting. Our guests also wrote us their ‘recipe for a happy marriage’ and placed them in a turquoise recipe box. They feasted on deviled eggs, bacon-wrapped jalapenos, and Tex-Mex chicken tartlets to soak up the booze. We sneaked in a shot of whiskey before entering the reception.

TableDecor

I couldn’t have been happier with the table decor. My wedding planner sourced vintage hobnail milk glass. My florist designed a mini-arrangement for each piece of milkglass. No two were alike!

tabledecor

I love the cake stands in the center pieces. I wanted to take them home!

Another theme of the decor was vintage scales. Since our reception was in a flour mill, we mimicked the large ground scales found throughout the building. My wedding planner made us personalized flour sack towels that said 'Lane Grass Fed Beef' and 'Lane Corn Fed Pork.' I was so surprised! The orange burlap with the succulents was a nice touch by the florist. I didn't notice it until the photos, honestly! The bouquet in front made of wheat and cotton is from my maid of honor.

Another theme of the decor was vintage scales. Since our reception was in a flour mill, we mimicked the large ground scales found throughout the building. My wedding planner made us personalized flour sacks that said ‘Lane Grass Fed Beef’ and ‘Lane Corn Fed Pork.’ I was so surprised! The bouquet in front made of wheat and cotton is from my maid of honor.

Let's get to the food! Our menu was: smoked brisket with red sauce, pulled pork sandwiches with Alabama white sauce, smoked macaroni and cheese, Southern green beans, cornbread, yeast rolls, and a pickle plate. It was perfection.

Let’s get to the food! Our menu was: smoked brisket, pulled pork sandwiches with Alabama white sauce, smoked macaroni and cheese, potato salad, Southern green beans, cornbread, yeast rolls, and a pickle plate. It was perfection.

The cake was as delicious as it was pretty! Two layers were caramel cake, and the middle layer was carrot cake (Brian's favorite).

The cake was as delicious as it was pretty! Two layers were caramel cake, and the middle layer was carrot cake (Brian’s favorite). Brian also had an ice cream bar as his groom’s cake.

We danced to two songs, back to back. First, we two-stepped to Randy Travis' 'I wouldn't have nothing if I didn't have you.' Then, we immediately went into Aaron Watson's 'Breaker Breaker 19.' Brian spun and flipped me all over that dance floor. It was so much fun! I love this photo because it shows the rustic vibe of the venue.

We danced to two songs, back to back. First, we two-stepped to Randy Travis’ ‘I wouldn’t have nothing if I didn’t have you.’ Then, we immediately went into Aaron Watson’s ‘Breaker Breaker One Nine.’ Brian spun and flipped me all over that dance floor. It was so much fun! I love this photo because it shows the rustic vibe of the venue.

Our photographer saw a moment of perfect light shining through the window, so she grabbed us to snap this quick shot. I love the glow!

brick

bwbench

Wedding can't last forever, although we wish they could! We said goodbye as our guests threw peach rose petals.

Weddings can’t last forever, although we wish they could! We said goodbye as our guests threw peach rose petals.

At this moment, I looked at Brian and said "We did it! We're married!"

At this moment, I looked at Brian and said “We did it! We’re married!”

Comments

AWW! Beautiful photos and you two make a gorgeous pair! :) I love how happy you look. And the food. Awesome choices there. :) And vintage scales as a theme?! Oh my gosh. Everything just looks perfect!

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us!

Gorgeous pictures, Christina! What a fun day, and it’s so clear how full of love the entire event was. Great food and at such a fun venue. (Your wedding dress was so lovely, but your rehearsal dinner dress was too – stunning color!)

3. Ali Grace says

LOVE your pictures. You both look so blissfully in love. Also – our wedding rings are yellow gold too!!! I love finding other people who chose gold. It’s my fave!

4. Malia says

Beautiful! Love all the details and you look very happy, which is all that matters at the end of the day. Congrats!

Ok.
    A) How gorgeous are you?! Seriously, lady. Those bridal portraits are some serious stunners.

B) Congratulations again! I’m so glad you shared some of these shots with us. :) They made me all smiley and do that girly wedding-related excitement thing (the one that makes my boyfriend exit any room quickly).

6. Nikki H says

You were a gorgeous bride and everything about your wedding looked perfect! I hope y’all have many, many happy years! Congratulations!

What a beautiful day and beautiful couple. Seriously, you two are the cuuutest. Thanks for letting us all in on your special day. I remember thinking before the wedding that all the planning and fuss just wasn’t worth it, and we should have eloped or something. But having everyone you love together in one place? Magical. Totally worth it, right?

8. Nym says

What a fantastic set of photos. The venue looked perfect for a Southern vintage effect. Congratulations and many happy and fantastic years to you and your husband :)

You are stunning, Christina! Thanks for sharing the photos. It looks like the best day in the history of ever (and the food, the food! it looks stunning, too!).

Yay! Congrats again! It looks like a perfect day.

I’m a bit obsessed with milk glass, especially hobnail. If you’re looking to score some, try wandering a few antique malls in Kansas or drive to KC if you have to. The Rivermarket Antique Mall is one of my favorites :)

Coral was a perfect colour choice for your rehearsal evening! It (the rehearsal dress) looks beautiful on you and your table decor was lovely.
    Your wedding theme was absolutely charming (just like the bride and groom). I love your husband’s boutonniere, your table settings and your surprise gift from your wedding planner.
    You make a beautiful couple (from the top of your heads to the tips of your boots). Best wishes and thanks so much for sharing some of your special day with us.

YOU ARE STUNNING!!!!! Omg I’m so glad you shared these pictures, I just love them! You two are the cutest and your wedding was SO you! I want all of that food, all of that milkglass, and I love the “recipe for a happy marriage” idea. AHH so happy!!!!

13. Stacey says

OOOOO! I was so looking forward to seeing these and hoping you’d share! Your venue reminds me so much of The Gristmill! Gorgeous.

You’re absolutely stunning, Christina. I love that waterfall braid (i have it on my pinboard as something I want to do but my hair is probably too short to achieve that gorgeous look) and i LOVE LOVE the back of your dress! It’s so elegant and dainty in the front and in the back it’s like HELLOOOOO sexy! I love the low-cut. Hot!! That dress suited you so well. Oh gosh, you’re gorgeous, love!

Love the pictures! 1. You don’t, by any chance, have a younger, unmarried brother, do you? lol 2. I didn’t know that having just the bride in pictures was a southern thing. I thought it was just my family. 3. How the heck did you eat that sandwich without wearing it? I’m impressed. Beautiful wedding, beautiful couple!! Thank you for sharing. <3

Ahh!!! loved all of these photos! You were a stunning bride. Those cowboy boots were awesome! You guys look so stinking happy I love it. We need to get you and your husband to Oregon to come spend a day working on the farm with us!!

Girrrrl! You made me cry! So glad I stopped by to see what you were up to today. Be. Still. My. Heart! Thank you for sharing with us your beautiful day! Absolutely loved your gorgeous waterfall braid! My favorite photo of you is by the window bathed in the glow of sunlight. Prrrrrty! Then, of course, I just melt when I look at the photos of your sweet hubs…smiling as he gazes upon you…especially the one with sunlight coming thru the window. (It’s the Lord shining down upon you both, becoming one, and blessing you.) THE BEST! I may be a Northern girl, buy my heart and soul is Southern…swear it! Plus, I think every girl has some serious honky tonk in her. Loved the dancing photo, too…you have a great frame and don’t have spaghetti arms, LOL! Congratulations to both you and your love! P.S. I adore him already because his favorite cake is carrot cake. Ha!

18. jpdf says

Oh, what a beautiful wedding! :) Mr. & Mrs. Dessert for Two, you are truly a beautiful and inspirational couple! Blessings upon your marriage <3 Congratulations again! :) Thank you very much for sharing :*

I was so excited to see the photos and I’m so glad you shared! Gorgeous couple! I love everything you chose for your wedding, so real! I wish you two all of the happiness in the world. It is a true blessing to be married to your best friend.

Wow! So beautiful and every little detail represents the two of you perfectly! I loved every second of my wedding and you can tell just from your face in the pictures that you did too! Gorgeous! The dress, your hair, the rehearsal dress all beautiful!

Mah goodness!! You beautiful couple you!! WOW! I LOOOVE the photos!! The wedding looks spectacular, and you, my friend, are absolutely gorgeous!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

Absolute perfection. You two look so incredibly happy! I am so happy for you Christina I can’t even contain it! The wedding was gorgeous. You were exquisite. Brian looks so handsome. And o.m.g the food looks delish! Love you girlie!

23. Ramona says

Amazing … Wonderful memories captured forever … May the rest of your life together continue to be just as amazing :-)

24. Ashley P says

Your pictures (and you!) are absolutely gorgeous! I especially loved your flowers. Congratulations and well-wishes for a lifetime of happiness together!

1) You are absolutely gorgeous, and your hair – wow!

2) Congratulations to you both!

3) Umm, whiskey tasting? You two are totally my kind of people!

4) I love the table settings/center pieces.

5) I’ve never had okra. I am sad.

6) The food looks soooooo good, especially now that I’ve gotten a taste for southern food. Mmmm!

7) I did read the first paragraph ;-)

8) I think it’s awesome that you wore cowboy boots.

9) Gold is where it’s at! I totally agree. I look much better in gold than in white gold, platinum or silver anyway.

10) It’s common in Canada for the bride to have pictures done alone too.

11) I love the brick in the reception venue. Very pretty. Your flowers are pretty perfect too.

Oh, I LOVE these photos! You should seriously see the cheesy grin on my face right now. What a special day! LOVE his boutonniere, your hair and the venue. Dang, I love everything about your wedding! Such style and personal character in every element. Thanks for sharing, Christina!

Now, onto babies! ;) You know…when you’re ready and all. hehe

27. Anne Marie says

Thanks so much for sharing those photos. You both look so much in love, it’s absolutely adorable.

I can’t believe how super tiny you are! Both dresses are stunning. You look every inch the southern belle, right down to those rockin’ cowboy boots! I love all of the little touches that you brought to the day, from the food to the scales and everything in between.

“Marriage is the golden ring in a chain whose beginning is a glance and whose ending is Eternity”.

So amazing! I love the dress, the centerpieces! And I of course love coral! (It was my wedding color also). I wish I took the time to take bridal portraits! Your are beautiful and you look so happy in every photo. congrats!

29. Steffany says

Beautiful photos !! I’m sure someone else has already said it, but if that were me eating that delicious food, I do not know how I would’ve kept my dress white haha. I am such a messy eater sometimes :-P

You two look absolutely in love! :) Gorgeous photos! And, the RING! Wow! I believe you when you say “gold is back!” Really wish I would’ve gone with yellow gold instead of white gold. But, I do love my ring either way.

Congratulations!!

Oh my goodness, your photos are so beautiful. You both looked stunning. LOVE your hair and your dress and how cool that you had cowboy boots! Totally envy you!
    Thanks for sharing and thank you for the lovely comment left on my guest post on Sommer’s blog

I just found your blog and absolutely love it:) Wow, thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous wedding photos. You look sooo beautiful and everything was STUNNING. Love everything and congratulations to a stunning couple:)

Congratulations on your marriage! I googled “dessert for two”, as I plan a backyard date with my husband of eighteen years, and I landed here at your blog. You are charming and beautiful and this is the first post I’ve read, but I’m in love with you. :-) Here’s to many, many happy years together!

Love,
    Jennie

(also Catholic, and mom to seven sweeties…)

34. Josie says

I LOVE your style. I’m a Texas girl too, albeit I live out West now. But, I still love my Texas roots. And, the wedding dinner. Perfect. Brisket AND pulled pork! Caramel cake. . . . Mmmmm. I just stumbled upon your blog today and can’t wait to try some recipes!

Stopped by to get your blondies recipe to make for dessert tonight, and stumbled across these gorgeous wedding photos! Big congrats to you from one southern gal to another : ) You two are a lovely pair and I wish y’all all the best– marriage is a blast! x

36. Angie says

How did I miss these!!?? Thank goodness I went post by post. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations!

What an absolutely gorgeous wedding!!! You are stunning looking. I have to say my all time favorite picture is the one in the glow lighting where you are beaming up at him…so sweet! Congratulations…a few weeks late :-)

These are so beautiful Christina! I was just reminiscing over our wedding day yesterday while looking for a photo and this was a great continuation of that. You guys are adorable!

~Dani

39. omg says

CUTEST THING IVE EVER FREAKING SEEN AHHH
    also youre so gorgeous it’s not even funny

excuse me, just someone who stumbled upon this blog

Oh hey, don’t mind me, just almost a year late to the party. But OMG am I glad I stumbled across this post! First of all I need that reception dress. Like yesterday. Second…whiskey tasting?? We just became best friends. You’re absolutely GORGEOUS in all these pictures!! And I may or may not have gotten a little teary at work. Hope my coworkers don’t notice. So glad you agree about gold being back in!! I can’t decide if I want yellow or rose gold.
    Can you just pretend this is an early HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! comment instead of an exceptionally late CONGRATULATIONS! comment?? :)

When I get married, can you help me plan? You can be Christina Lane, private chef, cookbook author, foodie, blogger, photog, teacher, and wedding planner! Oh, the places you will go :)