2-ingredient Hummus

Artichoke-Hummus-4

Date night needs a new routine.  Standing in line at the newest restaurant and precariously holding a drink with condensation in your hand is not a good way to start date night. Do you catch yourselves stealthy watching the progress of other diners?

“Does that table look like they’re about to finish?”
“Gee, I hope they don’t order dessert.”
“Can you believe how some people languish in a chair when others are starving?!”

Let’s avoid those lines.  And the ditzy hostess who seats Ryan Gosling look-alikes before you, no matter when they walked in the door.

Let’s take date night into our own hands!  I’ve got a plan for you.

First, choose cocktails from  my Drinks For Two collection.

Next, peruse my Dinners For Two recipe collection:
Dinners For Two

Before you get to work mixing drinks and making dinner, how about a quick appetizer to hold you over?  This two ingredient artichoke hummus is perfect.

All you need is a small jar of artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil and Italian herbs, and one can of chickpeas.  It couldn’t simpler.

Artichoke-Hummus-2

Put both ingredients into a food processor and puree.  That’s it!  Taste with pita chips and add salt or more olive oil to taste, but in my experience, it doesn’t need it.

Artichoke-Hummus-3

Here’s to a better date night!

2-ingredient Hummus

makes about 1 cup
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 6-ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts
  • pita chips for serving
  1. Place the rinsed chickpeas in the food processor. Add the entire contents of the artichoke jar. Puree until smooth.
  2. Serve with pita chips.

Comments

I am THE WORST hover-er. Shameless, completely shameless. I ought to just sit down with nearly finished tables. It’s embarrassing. Next time, I should mind my manners just whip this gorgeousness up instead! With one of your ‘ritas, naturally.

Darn those Ryan Gosling look-alikes!!! This hummus looks increeeeeeeeeedible! I’ve never had artichoke hearts in hummus but it makes total sense – they’ve got the tang, the texture and even a creamy element to them. I’m dying to try this for date night! :)

3. Stacey says

This is really, really brilliant. I love hummus but always eat way too much for it to be healthy. I’ll occasionally make the Hungry Girl lower calorie hummus, but it’s always easier to just buy pre-made hummus and feel defeated. But this? I can get behind this! No measuring and just dumping 2 things into the food processor. I love it.

Such a great idea! I love simple date nights in and have missed those with Paul being out of town lately. I love this hummus too, so simple!

Date nights where we have to wait forever and all I’m focused on is when I’ll get my meal instead of on my actual date are SO not fun! I’d rather have a stay-at-home date. With this hummus obviously. YUM.

I will absolutely take this incredible two-ingredient hummus! I love love love hummus but can’t often be bothered with making it at home. This version looks so easy, however! Totally adding it to my list!

I thought that houmous always had to be made with tahini – which can sometimes be too bitter. This looks like a great way to use up some artichokes when they’re on offer in the supermarket! x

I’m so happy, Christine! I so rarely make vegan food for the blog (though I do eat a fair amount of it at home). I’m glad I could make something for you :)