Peach Chai Frozen Yogurt Shake

Peach Chai Froyo Shake DessertForTwo.com

Sometimes, I sneak dessert before dinner.*  I get home from work a few minutes before my husband.  This barely leaves me enough time to sneak a bite of sweet.  When I’m lucky, he waters the garden, gets the mail, and chats with the neighbors.  That gives me more time to indulge my sweet tooth.

I commonly reach for a chunk of dark chocolate.  Or, a bite of whatever Dessert For Two creation we have laying around.  This week, I’ve been alternating bites of almond flour snickerdoodles and these Peach Chai Froyo Shakes.

To make this 3-ingredient dessert, you’re going to need frozen yogurt, chai concentrate and a ripe peach.  (And a noiseless blender so no one can hear you and judge you for eating dessert before dinner).

The combination of peach and chai is unexpected, but fresh and delicious.  It’s like a summertime version of chai.  The cinnamon and ginger flavors reminds me of peach pie.

I could get used to fresh fruit in my daily cup of chai.  What am I going to do during winter when the peaches aren’t in season?  Oh, right—that’s why we have pumpkin chai.  Chai for all seasons!

Peach Chai Froyo Shake DessertForTwo.com

*By sometimes, I mean only the days that end in ‘y.’

Peach Chai Frozen Yogurt Shake

Makes 2 small shakes
  • 1 pint plain frozen yogurt
  • 2 small ripe peaches, pitted and diced
  • 2 tablespoons liquid chai concentrate
  • optional: cinnamon stick for serving
  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Serve with a cinnamon straw.

Comments

Thankfully The.Boy gets home a few hours after I do, so I have plenty of time to sneak sweet treats into my afternoon! This frozen yogurt shake is definitely going on the rotation. Chai flavors are like comfort food to my sweet tooth.

2. Julie says

This sounds yummy. Enjoy these while you can, because once the little ones come, trying to sneak in snacks gets much harder. I have a dumb question. What is chai concentrate? Where is it in the grocery? Remember, we live in the middle of a cornfield, so some things are harder to locate. Enjoy your weekend!

Hi Momma Swope!

Not a dumb question at all. Chai concentrate is in the tea section, usually in a box. It’s a liquid. Starbucks makes a widely-available one, and so does Oregon chai. I’ve found it at target. It’s on the bottom shelf by the teas :)

• Julie says

Thank you! I wondered if it would be with the teas. I’ll look at Kroger’s the next time I head there, because I want to try this. :)

Ha, I am totally guilty of sneaking in dessert before dinner. Though is it something to feel guilty about? I mean, we’re just making sure it tastes good enough to have AFTER dinner again, right? ;) This shake sounds delicious!

I usually hide my before dinner treats from the kids, but half the time I’m busted.

Love this shake! Call it a smoothie and it’s a totally healthy afternoon snack. ;)

That cookie recipe looks so great. I have to try them. I think you can count this as more of a drink and less of a dessert so I don’t think you have to be too worried. Plus it is yogurt and that is totally healthy. Just a little appetizer before dinner! Love the peach and chai combo!