Dinner for Two: One-Pan Salisbury Steak + Potatoes

One-Pan-Salisbury-Steaks | dessertfortwo.com

How are y’all liking Savory Fridays?  It’s not that we couldn’t subsist on dessert all day every day, but we shouldn’t, you know?  A little savory is good every now and then, right?  Plus, if you eat all of your dinner, I’ll let you eat both servings of dessert for two ;)

On Sundays, I make a big Sunday Supper.  I love spending a few solid hours in the kitchen making something that is so different from the recipes I create every other day of the week.  I can’t articulate how happy it makes me to cook something that doesn’t call for sugar.  Or 1/8th teaspoon of salt, which is, like, 64 grains from my last count.

I typically make comfort food, because sinking my hands into meatloaf or constantly dipping my finger tips in water to seal ravioli edges is a repetitive motion that gets my brain going.  I often come out of the kitchen with inspiration for the following week.

One-Pan-Salisbury-Steaks | dessertfortwo.com

I hit the ground running on Monday morning; it’s my craziest day of the week.  Since I’m often testing multiple recipes and making heaps of dirty dishes, Monday dinner must be easy.  It also must use as few dishes as possible.  I’ve been creating more one-pan meals for these days.

Since I use so many dishes when recipe testing, I can’t be bothered to make a dinner recipe that requires more than one pot or bowl.  Enter sheet pan dinners!  No mess, no clean up, no problem.  If you line the sheet pan with foil before cooking, you won’t even have to wash the pan.  Unless you’re my Mother…who washes a spoon just for being too close to a dirty one.  I frequently put cookie sheets back in the cabinet after I peel of the parchment paper.  Different cooks, we are.  (sorry, Mom).

One-Pan-Salisbury-Steaks | dessertfortwo.com

I think you’ll love this one sheet pan dinner.  It’s comforting, quick and easy.  You can find the recipe below, but I also shared it on Food Fanatic:  homemade Salisbury steak recipe.

Comments

I’m loving your dinners for two. And why the heck would I wash that cookie sheet when food didn’t even touch it (although, I did that the other day, and Jerry gave me the “what are you doing” look. I ignored it and put the cookie sheet away). This looks yummy….we’ll be trying this soon. xoxo

Meat and potatoes a true man’s meal, my husband will love this! Your a step ahead of everyone with these sheet pan meals, I predict there will be a surge of sheet pan meals coming soon to the food blogging world!

I am loving your savoury posts! this dinner looks amazing, I am going to have to try it out one week, as well as completely stealing the idea for one tray dinners!

Oh yum!! This recipe looks DELICIOUS! So healthy, hearty and nourishing!! YUM :) thanks for sharing! hope you have a great rest of your day!

5. julie says

I actually made this a few weeks ago after seeing it on Food Fanatic. It was wonderful Christina! I had to double for our family of four….:) and subbed carrot chunks for some of the potatoes — my daughters loved it. I have made many meat loaf, salisbury steak and similar recipes through the years but the simplicity and seasonings of this version was such a refreshing change. Oh, and I did NOT wash the pan afterward. Thank you so much! Oh also, love your blog. You are incredibly creative and adorable!

Thanks so much for the rave review, Julie! I’m glad you enjoyed it :) I’m also super glad you didn’t have to wash the pan. That’s the goal!

I’m working on more one-pan (no dish-washing!) meals currently. I hope you love them!

Thanks for the kind words.
      xo,
      ‘tina

6. Sienna says

I made this for dinner on Saturday. We ended up having so many veggies (I added a chopped sweet potato and cherry tomatoes to the roasting pan) that the burgers didn’t fit on the pan! We made them on the stove instead and they turned out perfectly. I’ll definitely make this again since it was easy and delicious.

7. Chauna says

Great one pan meal! I made a few changes- I used bison instead of beef and seasoned the potatoes and onions with a packet of Lipton onion soup mix and turned out so yummy and will make again. Thanks!