Peach Jam Bourbon Cobbler Cocktail (video!)

I’ve been trying to think of alternate titles for this video because it’s one of my favorite things to do. I named my first live television appearance ‘The time I touched food with my bare hands and then handed it to someone to eat…live on air.  LIVE.’  You can see it here.

For this video, the only alternative title I’ve come up with is “The time I said 4 shots and ended up pouring a fifth of bourbon for two people.  ONE FIFTH. For.two.people.’

You will be having a good night after making this cocktail.  Maybe you should use a shot glass and get a more accurate measurement of one shot?  Maybe not.  Maybe get drunk on your back porch, and have a lengthy discussion about whether or not your all-natural lemongrass oil deodorant is keeping the mosquitos away (arms flailing for demonstration!) or if citronella candles are necessary?  Your call.

I’m just saying, when two people share a fifth of bourbon, big things get discussed in life.  BIG.  I’m also saying:  measure better than I did.

A few more words:  shake the cocktail for much longer than I did in the video.  It takes a special kind of confidence to shake things on camera.  Lucky for you, I’ve got oodles of it.  But seriously, if you don’t shake it harder and longer than I did, the peach jam will sadly sit at the bottom of the glass.  Then, all you’re looking at is bourbon on the rocks.  One fifth—err, we already covered that.

Be safe, friends!

PS I love you to the moon and back.

Peach Jam Bourbon Cobbler Cocktail (video!)

Prep time
Total time

Serves: 2
  • tons of ice for your cocktail shaker and serving
  • 2 heaping tablespoons peach jam
  • juice of half a lemon
  • 4 shots Bourbon whiskey
  • 2 mint sprigs
  1. In a cocktail shaker, add enough ice to come up almost to the top.
  2. Add the jam, lemon juice and Bourbon. Secure the lid.
  3. Shake, shake, shake, Senora! Shake your body line! Work, work work, Senora! Shake it all the time! (sorry. Beetlejuice is my favorite movie).
  4. Strain the cocktail into two glasses with ice, garnish with a mint sprig, and serve.

Comments

I think it’s a great video! I’m going to be teaching nutrition and cooking classes and workshops soon, so I need some guidance and examples for my first time presenting recipes in front of others. :) This drink sounds awesome too. I LOVE bourbon. My favorite hard alcohol, no joke. The Southern girl in me maybe? Ha!

I love your videos so much Christina – your infectious personality just shines through and you’re a total natural on camera. Plus, anyone who pours that much booze into a cocktail is a girl after my own heart ;)

I love your little peach jam spin on making a cocktail. The video is so helpful! Watching is such a better way to learn than just trying to read between the lines of a script! And you choose the perfect music too, love it! Makes me want to shake things up =)

And just because you don’t look old enough to drink alcohol…..hehe.

4. Julie says

You are so dang cute. Too bad I can’t drink bourbon. And drinking a fifth between two people…well, let’s just say I’m way too old for that. I’ll be emailing you when you are on Food Network and telling you how great you are. xoxo

Thanks so much, Momma Swope! That would totally make my day. Ok, we need to meet you guys in real life! I’ve been thinking about it ever since you said you’re only 3 hours away. Let me know next time Stephie and A-dog come home! xo

• Julie says

Oh, I’ll do that! You definitely want to come when the kids are here, because in true life, Daddy Swope and I are boring. Truly. Although, if we drink enough, we might be more interesting. Or, we will think we are at any rate. ;)

Hi Kristina (great name, by the way!) hehe

Yes, I have a pro doing my videos. I have zero talent in the filming area. I save all of my talent for shaking things gracefully on camera ;)

Thanks for all the kind words! xo

Happy baking,
      Christina

I love your videos!!! You seriously do such a good job of making us feel comfortable and welcome in your kitchen. I thought it was the perfect length too – now I am dreaming up having this cocktail tonight! I will definitely shake longer and add less bourbon.. hah!!

I just want to swaddle you with all of my love. ALL of it! I adore all the cocktails you put together and love watching you on video, my dear. You’re a natural! Can you please start a cocktail cooking show on the Food Network now? P.S. Let’s get drunk.

First of all, if you had a show I’d totally watch it. Second, this recipe is literally making my mouth water. Peach, jam, & bourbon are sure to snag any southern girl’s heart. Making this ASAP.

I love you so stinkin’ much. Where the hell is your TV show? Wait. TV CHANNEL. Because I could watch Christina all day every day. Move over, Oprah. Also, I agree that you invented jam cocktails, and I think that needs to be your next book, please and thank you.

9. Pra says

Longtime reader, first time commenter. Just popping in to say that I lovelovelove your blog!! The video is beautiful, and super professional; it already looks like a short on Food Network (I know you mentioned a while ago that a cooking show is your dream — this post totally proves you’re a natural.) So excited too see where Desserts for Two goes from here. :)

I know I’m not a regular commenter around here but I just wanted to tell you that I love the video! You’re such a pro!! I would be a nervous wreck but your confidence shines right through. I think it’s about time for Giada to retire!! ;)

You’re a natural on camera, and it’s kind of criminal that you don’t have your own Food Network show by this point. Way to go, Christina!

PS — can we have glasses of those when I come visit you? Because I need one or two right now.

Love, Love, Love this! The video is awesome and I look forward to making this with a fifth of bourbon for the other half and me! Mmmm bourbon! Keep the videos coming, they are really fun!

Christina, you are a natural in front of the camera. . not everyone is. . but you are, girl. Love this video! and the cocktails of course! Hopefully Giada will be ready to be de-throned in like 5-7 years!! I can totally see you on The Food Network! Dream big, girl. only way to do it.

Love the video but I thought ‘I’ invented the use of jam in cocktails! :) Seriously I’ve been using jam for a while; it’s a great way to not only make it simple but to be able to use fruits that aren’t in season. My favorite is a recipe for cherry preserves, tequila and ginger beer. But I admit I love peach and bourbon and I do have to give this a whirl!

15. Jessica says

Christina: I don’t normally post comments, but I’ve been SO enjoying your blog and this video was absolutely fantastic. I tried this recipe and couldn’t find ANY peach jam at my grocery store so I used blackberry instead. And woah… just thought I’d let you know that although the drink turned a bit purple, it tasted so good! Thanks for your creativity!