Peach Wine Slushies

Peach Wine Slushy by @dessertfortwo

So, if you follow me on instagram (which you totally should because I share an inappropriate amount of photos of myself taking photos.  It’s ironic, no?  A tiny bit adorable?  Ok, NO.), you’ll know that I take Happy Hour very seriously.  I even capitalize the phrase ‘Happy Hour.’

There’s a set routine on Friday nights ’round these parts.  My friends and neighbors put their little ones to bed, grab the portable baby monitors, and head on over.  It’s easily my favorite part of the week.  We take turns hosting, and I love to try out my latest cocktail creations for the blog on my guinea pigs.  I mean, my friends.  Friends, not guinea pigs.  Swears.

The week when I served these peach wine slushies?  Easily the best week ever.  Well, except for all the weeks when other people served me anything made with St Germain.  I adore that stuff.  I have no idea why I haven’t bought a bottle for myself yet!  I finally bought myself all the ingredients to make my favorite cocktail at home (a Negroni), and the liquor cabinet is a bit, um, busting at the seams.  Sorry, Mom.

Just like the last Wine Slushies that were made with simply a bottle of wine and a bag o’ frozen fruit, these are just as effortless.  This version is made with frozen peaches and a bottle of fruity white wine.  I’m a Sauvignon Blanc girl myself.  If you ever meet me in real life, you’ll hear me refer to it as ‘Sauv Blanc’ because Sauv and I go way back.  Back when I lived in Cali, I fell in love with a Sauv Blanc at Honig Winery, and Chardonnay was never the same for me.  Well, except Chardonnay from Chateau Montelena Winery, but we’ll save that discussion for another day.  Does next week work for you?  I’ll be back in California next week, eating and drinking my way through NorCal again.  I know, I know:  I’m even jealous of my life right now.  I’ll tell you all about when I get back!

White White Slushy @dessertfortwo

Final note:  since peaches are in season, I blanched, peeled, sliced, and froze my own, but you can grab a bag from the freezer section, too.

If you’re a Chardonnay fan, please, use it!  It’ll be just as slurpable.

White wine peach slush @dessertfortwo

Peach Wine Slushies

Prep time
Total time

Serves: 2
  • 2 cups cold fruity white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
  • 2-3 medium peaches, blanched, peeled, frozen, and sliced (or half a bag of frozen peaches)
  • sliced peaches for serving, optional
  1. In a blender, combine the wine and peaches. Puree until smooth.
  2. If the mixture is too warm and liquefied, place it in the freezer and stir every 30 minutes until a perfect slushy texture forms.
  3. You can make these in advance and defrost for 15 minutes at room temperature before serving. You can also double the recipe and use the entire bottle of wine to serve 4. The cups in the photo above hold about 1 cup of slushy.

Comments

I made some peach slushies a few weeks back but with liquor not wine. I need to try the wine. Maybe it would be a little les…potent :) They look seriously awesome. I love drinking my way thru the wineries in NorCal. I can’t wait to hear more about your adventures! pinned

I love the idea of rotating hosts happy hour, I’m texting my friends about it right now! this cocktail looks amazing! I love how you have frozen your own fruit for it.

• Ruth@womansheart says

Tom -

One of the long time producers of 100% grape juice makes a white grape juice that most everyone that tries it seems to enjoy and there is no alcohol content, it’s kid safe.

It’s usually found on the same aisle as all of the other fruit juices.

Hope they enjoy the drink that looks just like Daddy’s. (Put a rubber band around your glass or have them place a sticker on their drinks so there will be no mistakes about whose drinks are whose)!

I live in North Florida, so Georgia peaches are in season now and I can get them easily at farmer’s markets and the grocery store, both.

Buy ‘em now, freeze them and celebrate Summer as long as your stash of frozen peaches lasts.

I’m a sauv blanc girl, too! Have you tried Sea Glass or Kim Crawford? They’re my go-tos. LOVE these slushies, love all them southern peaches (as you know, peaches here in Tahoe are a real womp wooooomp). I think I need to visit you and drink all the booze.

Brilliant! Love this idea and it so perfect for the hot summer nights that we’ve been having. Have pinned and will be sharing on my blog FB page later today (with proper link back directly to your site, of course.) Can’t wait to make this soon – I may even add a bit of peach schnapps, just to be a little naughty. ;)

I’m pretty tempted to hop on a plane right now and come visit you so that you can make me one of these for tonight’s Happy Hour ;)

I’m totally a Sauvignon Blanc girl too. . I love that your neighbor friends bring their baby monitors over and hang out. . that’s so awesome. Freaking love these Peach Wine Slushies. . and can’t wait to hear about CA!