Caramel Apple Cookie Cups
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup small-diced peeled apple (from 1 medium apple)
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease 12 cups on a mini muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together with an electric mixer the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder and salt and beat until just combined (do not overmix).
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the dough and roll it into balls in your hand. Drop each ball into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 9-11 minute, until the cups are domed. The edges should not be too golden brown.
- Meanwhile, saute the diced apple in the butter, sugar, cinnamon and orange juice until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Immediately after the cookies are done baking, press the handle of a wooden spoon into each muffin cup to create a divot. Press it down about ½" and wiggle it to make the hole larger.
- Scoop the apple mixture into each cookie cup.
Recipe by Dessert for Two at http://www.dessertfortwo.com/2012/09/caramel-apple-cookie-cups/