I’ve been trying to think of alternate titles for this video because it’s one of my favorite things to do. I named my first live television appearance ‘The time I touched food with my bare hands and then handed it to someone to eat…live on air. LIVE.’ You can see it here.
For this video, the only alternative title I’ve come up with is “The time I said 4 shots and ended up pouring a fifth of bourbon for two people. ONE FIFTH. For.two.people.’
You will be having a good night after making this cocktail. Maybe you should use a shot glass and get a more accurate measurement of one shot? Maybe not. Maybe get drunk on your back porch, and have a lengthy discussion about whether or not your all-natural lemongrass oil deodorant is keeping the mosquitos away (arms flailing for demonstration!) or if citronella candles are necessary? Your call.
I’m just saying, when two people share a fifth of bourbon, big things get discussed in life. BIG. I’m also saying: measure better than I did.
A few more words: shake the cocktail for much longer than I did in the video. It takes a special kind of confidence to shake things on camera. Lucky for you, I’ve got oodles of it. But seriously, if you don’t shake it harder and longer than I did, the peach jam will sadly sit at the bottom of the glass. Then, all you’re looking at is bourbon on the rocks. One fifth—err, we already covered that.
Be safe, friends!
PS I love you to the moon and back.
2 minPrep Time
2 minTotal Time
- tons of ice for your cocktail shaker and serving
- 2 heaping tablespoons peach jam
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 shots Bourbon whiskey
- 2 mint sprigs
- In a cocktail shaker, add enough ice to come up almost to the top.
- Add the jam, lemon juice and Bourbon. Secure the lid.
- Shake, shake, shake, Senora! Shake your body line! Work, work work, Senora! Shake it all the time! (sorry. Beetlejuice is my favorite movie).
- Strain the cocktail into two glasses with ice, garnish with a mint sprig, and serve.