Hey there! Did you miss me yesterday? I don’t think I’ve ever missed a Monday post in the 6 years I’ve been writing this blog. Back when I gave birth on a Friday, I checked in on Monday.
Anyway, on Saturday I skipped a meal because life was crazy, which lead to a little hypoglycemia attack. The cure for hypoglycemia is just to eat something—ANYTHING! But I just couldn’t. Nothing sounded good. I sucked on a few crackers, and made my bed of misery. Luckily, my sweet husband saved me with trashy tv on the ipad—none other than The Bachelor. I spent Saturday night not entirely sure if my sickness was brought on by blood sugar spikes or if it coincided with every time Lace acted insecure and crazy. (Make eye contact with me!!!)
Anyway, I got a few hours of sleep, and then spent all of Sunday trying to think of games to play with Camille that involved me laying on the floor asleep while she entertained herself. Death warmed over, I was. I finally caved and drove my sorry self to Arby’s. I’m not proud, but a giant curly fry order and a Dr. Pepper really cured me.
All this to say, eating super duper healthy and doing a pantry purge so there is nothing in the house to snack on is dangerous. I’m now convinced my body needs a healthy amount of fried food and sugar on the reg. Not only did sweet baby Jesus grant me salvation, but he also made my body require sugar and fried food. Hashtag blessed.
These cookies are my husband’s kryptonite.
So, I scaled them down to make a mere half dozen so we wouldn’t be tempted to binge on 2 dozen cookies in 48 hours. It’s totally happened. More than once.
Six petite fluffy little sugar cookies, all for you.
15 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
28 minTotal Time
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
- 2 drops red food coloring
- sprinkles, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg yolk, sour cream and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt evenly over the top of the butter mixture. Beat to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 6 dough balls by using roughly 3 tablespoons of dough per cookie.
- Space the dough evenly on the baking sheet, and bake for 13 minutes, or until the cookies start to crack and the surface appears dry.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Beat together all of the frosting ingredients until pink and fluffy.
- Ice each cookie, and decorate with sprinkles.
I adapted this recipe from the lovely Ashley over at Center Cut Cook.
Also, since this recipe uses only the egg yolk, be sure to check out my ways to use the leftover egg white.