Is your garden overflowing with zucchini? I have no sympathy–we picked almost 9 pounds of zucchini in one day. I planted 6 zucchini for just the two of us. Crazy, I know. But I figured I would eat one every day with an orzo salad dressed with a lemon-mint vinaigrette. This is one of my favorite lunches. But somehow, they got away from me and now my fridge is full of them. So I made these for breakfast. We loved them. If I was going to serve them for dessert, I would make the lemon cream cheese frosting that goes with my lemon cream cupcakes.
Makes 4 muffins.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini (squeeze dry before measuring)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- In a medium bowl, beat together the canola oil and sugar.
- Add the egg white, almond extract, and spices and continue beating.
- Add the flour and baking soda and beat just to combine.
- Stir in the grated zucchini lightly.
- Divide between 4 lined muffin cups and bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once completely cool, blend together icing ingredients and pour on top.