It’s too hot to cook. It’s too hot to bake. But it’s never too hot to eat dessert!
So here’s another no-bake delicious chilled dessert to hit the spot on a hot day. If you really want to gild the lily, top this cake with some chocolate whipped cream: whip 7 tablespoons of cold heavy cream with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon cocoa powder. Frost just before serving.
- 8 oz. fresh cherries
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9 oz. package Famous chocolate wafers
- 1-2 teaspoons cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Wash, stem and pit the cherries. Slice each cherry into roughly 6 slices. Set aside.
- Beat together with an electric mixer all other ingredients except chocolate wafers and cocoa powder.
- In the bottom of a 9” x 5” x 3” loaf pan, spread one layer of chocolate wafers. It’s best to break the wafers in half and make the straight edges of the cookies point towards the edges of the pan. Overlap wafers in the middle to fill the gaps.
- Place 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture on top of the wafers. Add another layer of wafers, followed by half of the sliced cherries. Dust half of the cocoa powder on top of the cherries before continuing.
- Repeat layers, saving the other half of the cherries for the top. Dust the top with cocoa powder, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge at least 8 hours. Before serving, dip a knife in warm water to slice the cake. Use a flexible spatula to scoop out the cake.
- This cake is very rich. I think you could get away with using less powdered sugar in the filling if you don’t like your desserts tooth-achingly sweet.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 368mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 6g