Bread pudding for two: I’m working with HERSHEY this holiday season to bring you some desserts for two using their products. I’m so happy to have them in my kitchen this baking season!
You probably already know two things about bread pudding: it’s delicious and everyone loves it. It’s a mainstay on restaurant menus for a reason. But maybe there’s something you don’t know about it: the absolute ease with which you can make it. Anytime, anywhere. Leftover bread, fresh bread. One egg per serving that you want to make, and a splash of milk and sugar. Are you on board yet?
If so, grab two coffee mugs and let’s get to work.
I have quite a few versions of bread pudding for two on this site (ROLO® bread pudding, slow cooker bread pudding, mini whiskey bread puddings, pretzel bread puddings…should I keep going?)
But this is the one I want you to commit to memory:
1 slice of bread + 1 egg + 3 tablespoons milk + 1 tablespoon sugar + your favorite candy
Easy enough, right? These are things we always have on hand, you too?
The formula above is for each mug, just to be clear.
Four easy steps! You can do this!
I always have a bag of KISSES Brand SPECIAL DARK Chocolates in the back of my pantry for chocolate emergencies. I can’t help it if I have a chocolate emergency every single day, sometimes multiple times a day. Sometimes, an emergency is really a ‘victory’ moment:
‘The baby went down for a nap!’ —grab a victory chocolate!
‘The dogs didn’t bark and wake up the baby when the mailman came’ —grab a sigh-of-relief chocolate!
‘I dropped my kid off for daycare with matching socks’—grab a celebratory chocolate!
But, sometimes it’s really an emergency:
‘I have no plans for dinner and it’s 6:00’ — distract self with chocolate.
‘The baby woke up 2 hours too early from her nap —hurriedly eat chocolate.
‘Work is piling up and baby wants to be on my hip 24/7’—eat chocolate with baby.
If you can spare some chocolate from your pantry, you can have two mugs of warm, comforting bread pudding for two. As soon as this comes out of the oven, I wrap a thick towel around the hot mug and head to the couch. Wait, I should mention the first thing I do when this comes out of the oven. It’s the best part—I unwrap another KISSES Chocolate, press it into the warm surface and watch it melt over the top. Don’t forget that step!
You can make these in two oven safe coffee mugs, or two ramekins; whatever you have. You can bake these in the oven for 25 minutes, or you can plop them in the bottom of your slow cooker with an inch of water and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours (remind you of my slow cooker bread pudding recipe?).
However you make them, commit the recipe to memory, keep these ingredients in stock, and make this bread pudding for two as often as you like. (You officially have permission!)
- 3 slices fresh bread
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 10 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Special Dark Chocolates
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray two 8-ounce coffee mugs (or small ramekins) lightly with cooking spray.
- Dice the bread into 1” pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla.
- Using a very sharp knife, carefully chop 8 of the HERSHEY’S KISSES.
- Add the bread and chopped KISSES to the bowl with the eggs and milk. Stir very well to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the mugs.
- Place the mugs on a small baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes. The mixture will puff up and rise when you remove it from the oven.
- Right when the mugs come out of the oven, top each with the remaining HERSHEY’S KISSES, and let melt slightly before serving.
- Serve wrapped in a towel because the mugs are quite warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 443mgCarbohydrates: 71gSugar: 28gProtein: 10g