Hey there, y’all! I know it’s been a while since I’ve checked in, but I like to take a little break for the holidays. I hope y’all understand.
The only thing that could get me back in the kitchen this early was sweet Jenna from Eat, Live, Run asking me to do a guest post for her. Jenna and I joke that we have the same lives: we’re both Southern girls who live in northern California wine country and we both spent the holidays in Texas.
So click on over to her site and get my recipe for these champagne cupcakes with champagne buttercream!
Oh, and happy new year!
Update: I have shared the recipe below.
For the cupcakes:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons champagne
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- a few drops of almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
For the buttercream:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons champagne
- candied orange peel for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350Â° and line 4 cups in a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, beat together with an electric mixer the oil, salt and sugar. Beat very well for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Add the egg, champagne, vanilla, almond extract, and orange zest and beat to combine. Sprinkle on top the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat lightly to combineâ??do not overmix. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full and bake for 19-21 minutes, test for doneness at 20 minutes with a toothpick. Let cupcakes cool on a wire rack completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat together in a medium bowl the butter, powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons champagne. If you need a little more liquid, add the last tablespoon of champagne. Frost cupcakes and serve.