This is an old recipe that was begging for a photo update. While pinterest is filled with gorgeous photos of cheesecake popsicles, this little blog was cranking them out in 2011–pre-pinterest. I was also cranking out awful food photography, but that’s besides the point today. I updated the post to include my hunky husband with his buff, tattooed arms in the photos. He was so cranky about being the hand model for these creamy popsicles, but after tasting one, he was suddenly in a better mood. Sometimes I forget I’ve been baking for this blog longer than I’ve known him. He’s now adamant that cheesecake tastes best frozen.
So, frozen cheesecake batter. Dipped in chocolate. Rolled in crushed graham crackers. That’s what I’ve got going on today. You can whip together the cheesecake batter in a quick 5 minutes, pour into molds, and then freeze. You do the chocolate and graham dunk after freezing. After the dunk, you can definitely re-freeze and serve later, if needed. Or, you can do what I do after every photography shoot: eat all the food and moan. I’m definitely having a popsicle moment. There’s probably a popsicle round-up in your future, just be warned.
One fun little update to this recipe since 2011 is the usage of coconut oil. If you melt coconut oil into chocolate, it creates a hard chocolate shell that is ever-so fun to bite into. Try it!
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1-2 graham crackers, crushed
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Pour into your popsicle molds. Freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, unmold the popsicles and place back in freezer.
- In a medium bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in the microwave on LOW until almost melted, and then stir until smooth.
- Dip the popsicles in the melted chocolate then graham cracker crumbs. Serve immediately, or place them back in the freezer for the chocolate to harden.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1164Total Fat: 74gSaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 538mgCarbohydrates: 113gSugar: 101gProtein: 16g