In case you happen to be one of those people that needs to be hooked in the first line, I’mma do it for you right now:
3 INGREDIENT NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE.
WITH SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE.
Are you with me? I thought so.
Am I right in thinking that every Valentine’s Day celebration needs cheesecake? It just says ‘fancy special occasion to me.’ However, it does not say ‘hide an engagement ring in me.’ So if that’s what you’re after this V-Day, chose a lighter, fluffier dessert. This cheesecake is so dense and rich that you would swallow that diamond in a hot second. But, the thing is, you wouldn’t care because you would be too busy in the salted caramel moment that happens after the cheesecake bite. It all rounds out with a salted crunch finish, and that, my friends, is better than a diamond. Give me food, keep your jewelry.
Let’s review how easy this cheesecake is: room temperature cream cheese (seriously, room temperature. Leave it out the night before), melted chocolate of your choice, and a splash of heavy cream. I copied this method from the lovely Beth, whose white chocolate no-bake cheesecakes wouldn’t leave my mind all week. Thanks for the inspiration, Beth!
The salted caramel sauce takes some finesse, I won’t lie to you. So if effortless is your game plan for a cook-at-home Valentine’s Day dinner this year, go ahead and buy a jar of salted caramel sauce. No one will ever know the difference. The only reason I made my own caramel sauce is because I had the cream already on the counter from making the cheesecakes.
For the cheesecakes:
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces) chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese (left out on the counter overnight)
For the salted caramel sauce:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and cream. Microwave on medium power for 20 seconds. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate is almost melted. Stir until it melts all the way.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until fluffy. It is imperative that your cream cheese is at room temperature. Next, while beating, stream in the melted chocolate. Beat until smooth.
- Divide the cheesecake mixture between two 6-ounce ramekins. Cover and chill until set, at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel sauce: in a small 1-quart saucepan, add the sugar. Turn the heat to medium-high and stir constantly while the sugar melts and starts to turn a light golden brown. Once the sugar is completely melted and smooth, add the butter and stir until it melts. Next, add the heavy cream. Be careful-the mixture will boil up quite a bit. Let the mixture boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in flaky sea salt.
- Serve the cheesecakes with salted caramel sauce and extra salt on top.
This recipe makes just two servings in small ramekins, but you can use other small jars. You can also double the recipe to serve more people!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 611Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 0gSugar: 36gProtein: 5g