Hello again! I hope y’all had a wonderful Valentine’s Day. In case you’re wondering, my surprise destination for Valentine’s Day weekend was Half Moon Bay—a sleepy little beach town in the heart of artichoke country. We had a fantastic time! Can you say ‘private jacuzzi’? Anyway, would y’all like to know what I made for my sweetie on Valentine’s Day? Would you be surprised if I told you it was none of my own creations? Weird, I know. It’s just that I’ve been testing Valentine’s Day dessert for two recipes since December. We’ve been enjoying the mulled wine from Pears in Mulled Wine for so long that I’ve forgotten what real wine tastes like without spices. The excess cream cheese frosting from Red Velvet Whoopie Pies made its way onto muffins, bagels, fingers, spoons and more. And quite honestly, I’m out of butane from making Chocolate Creme Brulee over and over.
I took a little break from sugar, but my sweet tooth came back with a vengeance for cookies! Cookies are perfect—one sweet little bite of deliciousness. I’m off to Texas for a loooonnnng weekend and these little chocolate-dipped macaroons are packed in my bags, ready to eat on the flight!
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg white (~1 1/8 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Use a large spoon to scoop 6 cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Do not compact the cookies or the toasty edges will not form. Scoop them loosely.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and turn it down to 325°. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- If you would like to dip the cookies in chocolate, melt the chocolate in the microwave on short pulses. Pour the melted chocolate into a small bowl and dip half of each cookie in the chocolate. Serve on pretty plates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g