I like cookie dough. You like cookie dough. We all like cookie dough. But let’s have some portion control, shall we?
This recipe makes only 8 cookie dough bites. If you are someone who eats cookie dough in secret, in fear of being considered childish for liking it, this one’s for you. You can eat the whole batch, leaving no evidence behind. If your heart is big enough to share, that means 4 cookie dough bites each: no more, no less.
I don’t know about y’all, but when Jessica shared her Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups, my heart skipped a beat. I needed them in my life.
The problem was, if I made 24 cups, I would surely eat all 24 cups. Wisdom comes with age, and I’ve come to know myself pretty well these days. I have no regard for portion control; if it’s in my house, I will eat it.
So, what to do?
I scaled them down, of course. Well, they're not hers exactly because I have a peanut butter hater in my house (don't worry, I've enrolled him in peanut butter immersion therapy), but they’re pretty darn close.
Enjoy these secretly in the kitchen, or share them with someone lucky. It's your choice.
Cookie Dough Bites
These no bake cookie bites are the perfect treat!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
For optional chocolate coating:
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate*, for dipping
- 1 teaspoon shortening (or coconut oil)
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar, sugar and salt over low heat. When everything is combined, remove from the heat, and stir in the milk, then the vanilla. Next, stir in the flour. Cover and refrigerate the mixture until completely chilled (about 1 hour). (If you skip this step, your chocolate chips will melt).
- Once the dough has chilled, stir in the mini chocolate chips, then scoop the mixture into 8 balls. Place them in the freezer for 1 hour if you will be coating them in chocolate.
- For the chocolate glaze, melt the chocolate and shortening in a double boiler (or a bowl placed over a pan of simmering water). Dip each ball in the chocolate quickly using a fork, then chill to set.
*I used unsweetened chocolate for these, because the dough is very rich and sweet. You may use bittersweet or even milk chocolate, if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Shawn@ I Wash...You Dry says
I don't just like cookie dough, I LOVE it! These look great, and yes portion control is a must!
My waistline LOVES your portion control brain. :)
Portion control!? What's that? I love you for forcing it upon me, or should I say my pants thank you. They look positively sinful!
Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen says
Well these are awesome. Obviously. Duh. Can't wait to make these.
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts says
MMMMMmmmmmmm......cookie dough! Sorry, get a little off track when I see cookie dough. I am in serious need of portion control around the stuff :)
perfect timing! i was just thinking the other night that i need some recipes for sweet treats that make just enough for us two. we don't always need (or want) 3 dozen cookies.
These look so good!! I like how there is only a small portion of them, that would be perfect for me and my husband. I really like your site and am glad I found it. I am a new follower!
Live a Sweet Life says
This is like a little dream come true! Smart to make a small portion, I imagine they would go really fast. Thanks for the share!
I'm eating healthy and working out - trying to get my weight down.. and I was CRAVING sweets tonight.. and I'm not a big sweets person.. so I did this without any of the chocolate, ate a couple spoonfulls warm, and that fixed my craving! <3 Still not healthy, but better then making a whole batch of cookies and eating them the next few days!
I just found your site and want to say thank you so much :D I am a baker with a short attention span with too many friends on diets so I need to bake in small batches. This makes me so happy.