Hi friends! I pre-scheduled this post for you. Right now, the Mr. and I (and our two gold wedding bands) are driving from Tuscaloosa, Alabama with our bellies full of Dreamland barbecue to our final destination: Savannah, Georgia. Nestle asked me if I wanted to test out their new chocolate chips: dark chocolate morsels. I said yes, and I’m so glad I did! Keep reading til the end and you can win a bag for yourself!
These cookies are intense. They’re rich with dark chocolate, and packed with coconut flavor in the form of coconut oil and coconut flakes. Thank goodness this recipe only makes 6 cookies, because I ate three by myself with a tall glass of milk.
I’m so happy that I’ve found a dark chocolate chip that doesn’t contain funky ingredients. Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels are so delicious, you’ll eat them right out of the bag without apologies. Try to save some, just a 1/2 cup for this recipe, and you won’t be disappointed.
So, friends, I entered this recipe in a Nestle contest. The photo with the most re-pins wins, so please re-pin this recipe! In exchange for your Pinterest time, I am giving away 50 (yes FIFTY) coupons for a free bag of dark chocolate morsels. So, please pin my recipe for dark chocolate double coconut cookies on this page——> Nestle Very Best Baking Pinterest page, and then come back here and leave me a comment telling me you did. Please remember to leave your email address so I can get in touch with you. Then, when I get back from my honeymoon, I will pick the winners and mail you the coupons! Easy!
- 1/3 cup virgin solid coconut oil*
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (Nestle Tollhouse baking cocoa recommended)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Nestle Tollhouse dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350Â° F, and line a half sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat together with an electric mixer the coconut oil, butter, and sugar. Beat for 2 full minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Next, add the egg and continue beating. Add the almond extract, salt, and espresso powder.
- Finally, sprinkle on top the cocoa powder and flour. Beat until dough comes together. Fold in the dark chocolate morsels and coconut by hand. Chill the dough for 30 minutes before proceeding.
- Divide the dough into 6 large balls and slightly flatten them with your hand.
- Bake for 14 minutes, rotating the sheet half-way through.
- Let cool for 1 minute on the sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
*You must use virgin, unrefined coconut oil for this recipe. Some have made it with refined coconut oil and reported that the cookies spread. The label must say UNREFINED or VIRGIN.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g