Easy chocolate fondue for two.
I can’t think of an easier dessert to pull together for Valentine’s Day night than fondue. Not only does it only have two ingredients, but my method is absolutely fool-proof.
My method for fondue is a heat and stir situation. Add your chocolate chips or chunks to cute heart-shaped dishes (or whatever), and then pour super hot half and half on top. Let it rest for 1 minute, and then stir stir stir.
Essentially, if you have chocolate chips in your pantry and half and half in your fridge for your coffee, you have Valentine’s Day dessert for two!
Depending on how well-stocked your junk food shelf is (mine is so very stocked right now), pull out dunkers: cookies, marshmallows, pretzels, and salty potato chips (yes, really!). Fresh fruit is nice, too.
I really hope you don’t have to stop at the store to make this dessert, and it comes together like magic for you!
I made us a white chocolate fondue for two also, because I envisioned this as a black and white fondue for two. The fun thing about white chocolate fondue is that because white chocolate lacks the cocoa solids like regular chocolate, it stays soft and dip-able at room temperature for a long time. Like, hours!
The chocolate fondue will set up and need to be reheated in the microwave after about 20 minutes. Then, you can play a game with your Valentine: how much fondue can you eat in 20 minutes before it sets? So romantic, right?
Once we started eating this easy chocolate fondue for two, we started double-dipping the fruit and mixed the chocolates together. It was even better!
Tell me: what are your Valentine’s Day plans this year? Since it falls on a weeknight, I’m curious if people are going out, celebrating early, or staying home for a date night in? If you’re staying in, can I recommend my romantic meals for two at home ideas?
Easy chocolate fondue:
- 5 ounces chocolate (chips or chopped chocolate)
- 1/3 cup half and half
White chocolate fondue:
- 5 ounces white chocolate (chips or chopped chocolate)
- 1/3 cup half and half
- fresh pineapple
- Place each type of chocolate chip into your serving container.
- Heat the half and half in a microwave-safe dish until boiling. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't boil over!
- Pour the half and half over each dish. Let it sit for 1 minute without stirring.
- Stir the mixture together until it smooth and creamy. At first it won't look like it will come together, but it will! Keep stirring!
- Serve each fondue with fresh fruit, cookies and marshmallows. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 980Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 34gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 109gFiber: 4gSugar: 95gProtein: 13g