Easy fettuccine alfredo recipe for two, your next romantic date-night at home dinner!
It’s about time we start planning romantic Dinner for Two meals for Valentine’s Day. I mean, we could eat nothing but conversation heart ice cream, beer brownies, and candy cookies. But I think easy, creamy pasta would be a good appetizer, no?
One small caveat about this decadent pasta recipe: you must eat it immediately. I don’t think that’s going to be a problem, but I thought I’d throw it out there, just in case.
If you’re one of those amazing people that preps meals ahead of time, I still think you can swing this–just make it for dinner on prep night. And when you’re done, can you come to my house and teach me how to meal prep, please? I’m constantly staring at the clock at 6pm with zero plans for dinner. On those nights, we usually have cupcakes and popcorn for dinner. SO classy.
But not anymore! With this quick, easy, creamy pasta for dinner in my arsenal, it’s going to be my new rescue dinner. It also happens to be fancy enough for a romantic dinner for two for Valentine’s Day.
I love it when that happens!
This easy fettuccine alfredo serves two, because that’s kinda what I do around these parts, but you can scale it up. I’ve scaled it up three times and served it at a dinner party for 6 with sliced steak. And my party attendees wanted to move in with me. It’s that good.
I’m going to figure out every which way you can get this pasta in your face.
Life is too short to live without simple, creamy pasta.
Oh, maybe you’re doing your New Year’s resolution thing and you’re eating healthy? Well, save this for a Valentine’s Day dinner for two. Or, go ahead and count the peas as a health food and enjoy this pasta. You deserve it.
Don’t be intimidated by the name of this dish–easy fettuccine Alfredo sounds like something only a restaurant can make for you, but stay with me! Read the instructions below–you can totally do this!
The Alfredo sauce is made in the microwave while the pastas cooks, so you can’t mess it up!
This easy fettuccine alfredo is:
-perfect for date night at home.
-so fast to make–just 20 minutes!
-made all in one pan!
-so easy because the Alfredo sauce is cooks in the microwave. Genius, right?!
I hope you make this for your Valentine this year, but also save the recipe for anytime a creamy pasta craving hits. You’re just 20 minutes away from satisfying your craving!
Yields 2 bowls of pasta
Easy fettuccine alfredo pasta for two.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 ounces Fettuccine Noodles, Linguine noodles work, too
- Salt, To taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Frozen Peas
- First, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-cup glass measuring cup, add the cream and butter. Pulse in the microwave for 30 seconds each time, until the butter is melted and the mixture is steaming. Set aside.
- Grate your cheese, if you haven’t already.
- Once the pasta water is boiling, add a few big pinches of salt, followed by the noodles. Stir once, and cook according to package directions.
- Just before the pasta is done, stir in the frozen peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Briefly re-heat the cream and butter mixture in the microwave until steaming.
- Drain the pasta and peas, and move it to a serving bowl.
- Add the cheese to the pasta, and toss well to melt.
- Stir the cream and butter mixture on top. Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.