I dreamt up a cupcake made with fresh peaches topped with peach buttercream.
We’re making fresh peach puree in the microwave today—it’s easy peasy. I tossed in a little fresh ginger into the cupcake batter last minute, and I loved it even more.
We’ve suddenly had a cold spell in our area lately (low 90s instead of 100s!), and it’s a good reminder that fall is just around the corner. Soon, I’ll be dreaming up fall desserts for two. I’ve been buying peaches by the dozen while I still can, and shamelessly letting the juice drip down my arm with each bite. Let’s cram fresh peaches into every dessert until fall gets here, deal?
Make these cupcakes while there’s still time!
Also check out Jessica’s version of ginger peach cupcakes.
|Ginger Peach Cupcakes|
- Peach puree:
- 1 small peach (4 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Peach buttercream:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon leftover peach puree
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- First, begin by making the peach puree: Peel and dice the peach and place it in a small bowl with the brown sugar. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 1 minute. Mash the pieces with a fork, then set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line 4 muffin cups with liners.
- In a small bowl, beat together the canola oil and sugar until well combined. Add the egg, ginger and all but 1 tablespoon of the peach puree and beat until combined.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Pour this over the wet mixture and mix until combined—do not over mix. Divide between the muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes, until done (a toothpick inserted comes out clean with only moist crumbs sticking to it).
- Let cool completely before making the frosting. To make the frosting, beat together the remaining 1 tablespoon of peach puree with the powdered sugar and butter. Frost the cupcakes and serve.