On my most stressful days, I need a bite of cold creamy cheesecake. But, I never have the time to make a whole cheesecake on days like that. Enter mini cheesecakes! One bowl, 15 minutes plus chill time and you’re in heaven. This recipe makes 4 cupcake-sized cheesecakes. It gets better: instead of grinding up graham crackers, melting butter and daintily pressing the crust into each muffin cup—just drop in a Nilla wafer. Or, a couple of Ritz crackers or mini cookies. Anything, really!
I call these ‘New York’ cheesecakes because they have a brown sugar-sour cream sauce on top. These little babies come out of the oven puffy and domed. As they cool, they sink ever so slightly in the middle to create the perfect spot for your topping of choice. Mine happens to be tangy sour cream sauce. Since Greek yogurt is taking over the world (should it run for President?), I’ll tell you that full-fat plain Greek yogurt can be substituted for sour cream.
If you’re in the mood for something fruity, spoon on a dollop of cherry pie preserves, jam, or sauteed apples. If you’d like a little extra stress-relief with your cheesecakes (also called chocolate), squirt it in the divet. You just can’t go wrong with these.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 Nilla wafers (or other small cookies)
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375, and line 4 cups in a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Drop a cookie in each liner, with the flat side down.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat very well until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the cups and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cakes cool, then refrigerate at least 4 hours. When ready to serve, stir together the sour cream and brown sugar and pour on top of each cake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g