Mini pumpkin bundt cake with Bourbon glaze.
Have you seen my pumpkin ebook for 25 pumpkin recipe that aren’t pie and 1 that is? I think you would love it.
Well, friends, I just opened the first can of pumpkin for the season. And since my recipes use only 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup of pumpkin at a time, get ready for pumpkin inundation. You’ll love it, I promise.
This mini pumpkin bundt cake with bourbon glaze went quick in my house.
I’ve been wanting to develop a recipe for a mini bundt that serves two for a while. The problem was that the top of the cake kept sticking to the pan. I’ve been blaming my pan for years. This time, I threw a hail Mary, poured in my pumpkin chai cupcake batter and had success!
How to remove mini pumpkin bundt cake from the pan successfully:
A cake made with butter has a higher chance of sticking to a pan than a cake made with oil. So, this pumpkin bundt is in your life because it’s a tender spice cake made with oil that will never stick to your pan–hooray!
One exception to the rule of butter cakes sticking to the bundt pan is if you remove the cake when it’s still warm. I always manage to burn myself when I do this, so using cake batters made with oil works better for me.
I let this mini bundt cool for 30 minutes before attempting to remove it from the pan. I’m still in shock it worked so well, and during multiple rounds of recipe testing, too!
Still, though, coat your pan with so much cooking spray that you almost have to pour out the excess. Don’t take any chances because you want every bite of this mini pumpkin bundt cake. You do.
If you have a set of mini bundt pans, you can divide this batter up between two of them, and bake it for slightly less time. The pan I used holds 3 cups of batter, so do the math. If you’re using smaller bundt pans, I would double the whiskey glaze so that you have plenty for all of the cakes.
For the mini bundt:
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the bourbon glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon whiskey
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a mini bundt pan very well with cooking spray. I repeat: spray very well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, sugar and vegetable oil. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Donâ??t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then try to dump it out onto a wire rack. The cake should slightly pull away from the edges of the pan. If the cake does not come out easily, let it cool further. Worst case scenario: refrigerate the cake for a few minutes.
- Mix together all glaze ingredients, drizzle on cake, and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1161 Total Fat: 44g Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 1026mg Carbohydrates: 200g Sugar: 145g Protein: 8g