Are y’all tired of no-bake desserts yet? I promise I’m almost done. I’m actually starting to miss the taste of oven-roasted food. And I’m dying to bake a pie. I think my oven may be starting to miss me too.
So I have an intense chocolate-peanut butter craving about twice a week. Oh, you too? Well this dessert is perfect. All you need is a microwave and 15 minutes. It’s especially fun to make when your honey is sweating outside grilling dinner for you (because you couldn’t imagine turning on the oven and heating up the house just for dinner). I adapated this recipe to serve two from the Bible (also known as Southern Living).
Makes 2 large bars in a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan.
- 2 graham cracker sheets
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces bitter sweet chocolate, chopped
- Crush graham crackers in a medium bowl with a pastry cutter. Alternatively, you can use a food processor.
- Add the powdered sugar to the graham cracker crumbs and stir to combine.
- Melt the butter and peanut butter together in a small bowl in the microwave. Add the vanilla to this mixture before pouring it over the graham cracker crumb mixture. Blend this mixture very well until a stiff dough forms. Take the time to ensure all the powdered sugar is incorporated into the dough.
- Press this mixture firmly in the bottom of a 9” x 5” x 3” loaf pan. Ensure the crust is even and flat. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Pour the chocolate over the crust and leave on the counter until set. Use a knife to cut the squares into small serving pieces. These are VERY rich.