Here at Dessert for Two headquarters, we (me, myself, and I) have a lot of strategy meetings. We throw around a lot of corporate jargon (‘synergy’, ‘end-game’, ‘big picture thinking’) in these meetings to discuss what exactly constitutes a serving size. The synergy between chocolate and cream cheese gets me to the ultimate end-game of cheesecake without forgetting big picture thinking: easily scaled up to serve more than two. Is everyone on board? Go team!
Sometimes, though, the serving size is decided by the deliciousness factor. These no bake mini chocolate cheesecakes are served in 2 jars, but I wouldn’t mind one bit if you ate both. In fact, I had a bad day and ate both once. Fine, twice. The third time around, I passed both jars through the fence to my neighbor. When it comes to cheesecake, I’m hard-pressed to find a flaw, so I needed a third party to tell me if the milk chocolate was too sweet. That said, you can use your favorite chocolate in this recipe. Even one of those chocolate bars studded with crystallized ginger chunks. Oooh yeah!
Confession: I adore milk chocolate. I know it’s not trendy (or loaded with so many antioxidants that I’ll live forever!!), but I’m having a moment with milk chocolate. Really good quality milk chocolate that has caramel undertones. I’m partial to Scharffen Berger (they’re totally not paying me to say that–but if they want to, just give me a ring!). I went on their factory tour in San Francisco once, and they explained the process of heating the sugar and milk almost to the point of caramelization when making their milk chocolate. I pretty much gave dark chocolate the hard elbow in the ribs at the moment, and have been dating milk chocolate ever since.
I’m pretty sure you’ll be dating milk chocolate on the side after one bite of these cheesecakes, too.
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ounces chocolate, chopped (bittersweet, milk, whatever you like)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided use
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- chocolate sprinkles, for serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed cookies and melted butter. Pack this mixture into the bottom of two half pint glass jars. I used 7-ounce Weck jars in the photo.
- Next, in a clean bowl, add the chopped chocolate and 1 tablespoon of the heavy cream.
- Heat the mixture on LOW in the microwave in 20-second pulses, stirring each time. When the mixture is fully melted, add the cream cheese and beat with a hand-held electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Divide the cheesecake mixture between the two jars. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Before serving, whip the remaining 1/4 cup of cream and use it to garnish the cheesecakes. Add chopped chocolate on top if you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 913Total Fat: 64gSaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 520mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 4gSugar: 47gProtein: 15g