This mini peach raspberry pie is the perfect taste of summer. I can't get enough of it.
Yield: Makes 1 small 6" pie
Peach Raspberry Pie
A delicious from scratch peach pie with raspberries.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
For the crust:
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons ice cold water
For the filling:
- 1 heaping cup sliced peaches, peeled
- ½ cup raspberries
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon cornmeal
- 1-2 teaspoons milk, for brushing
- First, make the crust: In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar and salt. Add the diced cold butter and rub the flour and butter through your fingertips until it is well incorporated. If you use a pastry cutter, the butter should be smaller than peas.
- Next, stir in the vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the ice water. Add more ice water slowly until the dough comes together into a ball. Press the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and chill in the fridge at least 30 minutes.
- After the minimum chilling time is up for the dough, start slicing the peaches and place them in a bowl with the raspberries. Add the sugar, flour and almond extract. Stir the fruit mixture together very well.
- Next, roll out the crust: Take the crust out of the fridge and cut it in half. Form half of the dough into a disk and press out into a circle. Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough out into a 8-9” circle. Transfer the dough into a 7” pie tin. Sprinkle the bottom of the dough with the cornmeal. Add the fruit to the crust, then roll out the remaining dough into a 9” circle.
- Transfer it to the pie plate to cover the fruit. With the excess dough on the edges, pinch it to seal the top and bottom crust together. Make whatever kind of design with the edges that your little heart desires. Brush the top with the milk and make a slit in the pie crust for the steam to escape.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes, then lower the heat to 350° for 20 minutes. The pie is done when fruit juices bubble from the slit and the crust is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g
great pie, love peaches and raspberries together...great combo
Jamie | My Baking Addiction says
YUM! I love summer peaches!
LOL! I saw a message you left on Love and Olive Oil and all your tomatoes! Good luck with making tomato foods! WOW! Here in Nashville, we have so many rabbits, chipmunks, and squirrels, all my tomatoes are 1/2 eaten on the vine everyday I come home from work. Those pesky squirrels eat the really red parts and leave the rest to ants. :(
Texas Tim says
I'm really gonna give this baking thing a go. This recipe has me salivating already. Maybe i'll go the extra mile and get my peaches from Fredricksburg or Stonewall! Hope all is Well!
Is that you Timmy? From the Broken Spoke?
Timmy from Texas says
Yes it Is! Holy Smokes girl, you are cranking out these recipes!
Crystal Cattle says
I love peaches too! Especially grilling them. I think I am going to try and make this in my mini pie maker.