Peach wine slushies, made with just two ingredients: frozen fruit and your favorite wine. Are you ready for summer?
So, if you follow me on instagram (which you totally should because I share an inappropriate amount of photos of myself taking photos. It's ironic, no? A tiny bit adorable? Ok, NO.), you'll know that I take Happy Hour very seriously. I even capitalize the phrase 'Happy Hour.'
There's a set routine on Friday nights 'round these parts. My friends and neighbors put their little ones to bed, grab the portable baby monitors, and head on over.
It's easily my favorite part of the week. We take turns hosting, and I love to try out my latest cocktail creations for the blog on my guinea pigs. I mean, my friends. Friends, not guinea pigs. Swears.
The week when I served these peach wine slushies? Easily the best week ever. Well, except for all the weeks when other people served me anything made with St Germain. I adore that stuff.
Just like the last Wine Slushies that were made with simply a bottle of wine and a bag o' frozen fruit, these are just as effortless. This version is made with frozen peaches and a bottle of fruity white wine. I'm a Sauvignon Blanc girl myself.
If you ever meet me in real life, you'll hear me refer to it as 'Sauv Blanc' because Sauv and I go way back. Back when I lived in Cali, I fell in love with a Sauv Blanc at Honig Winery, and Chardonnay was never the same for me.
Well, except Chardonnay from Chateau Montelena Winery, but we'll save that discussion for another day. Does next week work for you?
I'll be back in California next week, eating and drinking my way through NorCal again. I'll tell you all about when I get back!
Final note: since peaches are in season, I blanched, peeled, sliced, and froze my own, but you can grab a bag from the freezer section, too.
If you're a Chardonnay fan, please, use it! It'll be just as slurpable.
Don't miss my MIXED BERRY WINE SLUSHY:
Here's a quick video showing how I made these PEACH WINE SLUSHIES FOR MY FRIENDS:
- 2 cups cold fruity white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2-3 medium peaches, blanched, peeled, frozen, and sliced (or half a bag of frozen peaches)
- sliced peaches for serving, optional
- In a blender, combine the wine and peaches. Puree until smooth.
- If the mixture is too warm and liquefied, place it in the freezer and stir every 30 minutes until a perfect slushy texture forms.
- You can make these in advance and defrost for 15 minutes at room temperature before serving. You can also double the recipe and use the entire bottle of wine to serve 4. The cups in the photo above hold about 1 cup of slushy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g