Got leftover cranberries? Yeah, me too. After cooking the entire Thanksgiving meal, I’ve got more leftovers and produce in my fridge than I ever thought possible. Luckily, Kathleen King to the rescue again with another recipe from Baking for Friends. I halved her small recipe for pear cranberry crisp studded with chocolate chips to come up with a dessert for two version. I swapped white chocolate chips for the semisweet and gobbled up this sweet crispy bowl of deliciousness.
Cranberries and white chocolate were meant for each other. Stay tuned on that combo, my friends.
I hope you entered my giveaway (don’t worry, there’s still time to enter ’til next Monday). But but but, I have another treat for you! If you want to buy Kathleen’s latest book, I have a nice coupon code for you: enter ‘BAKEOFF’ and you’ll get $5 off your order here. Trust me, you need this book in your entertainment repertoire.
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries (if frozen, don't thaw)
- 2 medium Anjou or Bosc pears, peeled cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For the streusel topping:
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375. Have ready 2 10-ounce ramekins (or 4 small 5-ounce ramekins).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cranberries, diced pears, sugar and vanilla. Divide the mixture between the ramekins.
- In the same bowl, combine all the ingredients for the streusel topping except the walnuts and white chocolate chips. Use your fingers to rub the butter into the dry ingredients and create coarse crumbs. Next, work in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Divide the crumb mixture between the ramekins.
- Bake the ramekins on a cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 557Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 8gSugar: 55gProtein: 6g