I’ve got a peaceful morning routine ‘round these parts. I’ve told y’all about it before.
But, once the sun starts to get a little higher in the sky and Spring is in the air, I add another 30 seconds to my routine: I make us fresh iced tea every morning.
When I reach for my morning tea cup, I also pull out 2 mason jars
I put 2 black tea bags into each jar.
I pour enough boiling water into each jar to come up half-way.
Then, I remove the tea bags, fill the rest of the jar with cold water, cover and refrigerate.
If I’m feeling particularly fancy, I add a splash of peach nectar to make peach iced tea. It’s Mr. Dessert For Two’s favorite drink in the world (besides moonshine; more of that coming soon!), and I’m more than happy to make it for him.
I have other variations up my sleeve too:
-one bag of black tea, one bag of lemon herbal tea
-one bag of black tea, one bag of mint herbal tea
-a spoonful of sugar in the bottom of the jar to make sweet tea
-a strip of orange or lemon zest, or even a few hibiscus flowers
Don’t forget about the giveaway for Keep It Sweet baked goods!
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups filtered, chilled water
- 4 black tea bags
- 1/2 cup peach nectar (optional)
- 4 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- Into each mason jar, add 2 tea bags and pour 1 cup of the boiling water into each jar. Steep uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, stir in peach nectar or sugar into each jar (if using), then fill the rest of the jar with the chilled water. Screw on the lid and refrigerate at least 4 hours before enjoying.