Next up in the Breakfast in Bed For Two series is a delicious, rich and indulgent smoothie. By delicious, I mean rum. By rich, I mean rum. And by indulgent, I mean rum. All before noon.
I always try to take care of you health nuts out there. Last year, I made y’all mulled wine poached pears. This year, I’m bringing you a luscious smoothie that won’t make you feel guilty, because it contains spinach. If a green smoothie coming towards your sweetheart on a tray would make him jump out of bed and run in the other direction, just leave out the spinach. But, really, y’all, you can’t taste the spinach at all. So, why not fill your loved one with 1 cup of spinach before lunchtime and smile the rest of the day at your good deed?
Stay tuned for a little something sweet to stuff in that tray next to these smoothies.
- 1 1/2 cups lite coconut milk, cold
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sorghum syrup)
- 1 small banana, frozen
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted (optional garnish)
- In a large blender, combine all ingredients (except toasted coconut, if using). Blend until very few specks of the baby spinach remain. Enjoy garnished with toasted coconut.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 4gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g