Mini pumpkin cheesecakes made in a muffin pan. This recipe makes 4 perfect, creamy rich pumpkin cheesecakes. Full of pumpkin spice flavor, you’re going to love these!
Have you seen my pumpkin ebook for 25 pumpkin recipe that aren’t pie and 1 that is? I think you would love it.
Mini pumpkin cheesecakes:
The minute I scaled down cheesecake to serve two people and made those mini New York cheesecakes, my mind started spinning with ideas for variations. Since it’s Pumpkin month (I guess some people call it October– to each his own), pumpkin cheesecake with maple whipped cream had to be made.
The crust is effortless: drop in a store-bought gingersnap cookie (the crisp kind). I’ve always maintained that if you’re going to make cheesecake from scratch, the crust should be easy. While dropping a gingersnap cookie in the bottom of a muffin liner isn’t exactly the same as crushing the cookies, mixing with butter and sugar, and
These mini pumpkin cheesecakes are made in a muffin pan for perfect portion control. While you’re only going to get 4 cheesecakes out of this recipe, it’s easy to double or triple if you need a full batch!
I should mention that the maple whipped cream on top is my personal favorite part. It is entirely optional, though, too, so if you want to just use the can of squirt whipped cream, it’s totally fine! In that case, though, I would take a pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin spice and sprinkle it on top of the whipped cream.
Between the gingersnap spices, the pumpkin pie spices, and the maple in the whipped cream, this dessert is so perfect for Fall!
Perfect pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust:
I have a few tips for perfect pumpkin spice cheesecake batter. I don’t accept cheesecakes that crack or have lumps.
- Ensure all ingredients are at room temperature. This includes cream cheese and eggs.
- Use a light-colored metal muffin pan, not a dark metal pan. Light colored metal bakes more evenly without hot spots.
- Beat the mini pumpkin cheesecakes batter just until it comes together–over-mixing can create extra air in the oven that will puff up and potentially cause cracks when cooling.
- When cooling cheesecake, it’s best to avoid drastic temperature changes. Cool freshly baked cheesecake near the oven; for example, I like to leave it on the counter nearest the oven with the oven propped open for cooling.
I hope you love these mini pumpkin cheesecakes, and that they grace your kitchen counter many times this pumpkin season! If you make the recipe and double or triple it, I would love to hear about it in the comments section! Usually, I make the recipe as-is, and my husband and I each have one for dessert. The two leftover mini pumpkin cheesecakes go into the fridge and normally get eaten for breakfast, if we’re being perfectly honest! They’re great with coffee or a cup of tea in the afternoon!
If you ate mini pumpkin cheesecakes while drinking a pumpkin spice latte, would that be the best Fall day ever, or is that just me?
For the cheesecakes:
- 4 gingersnap cookies
- 5 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
For the maple whipped cream:
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375, and line 4 cups in a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Drop a cookie in each liner, with the flat side down.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, egg, pumpkin puree and spices.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 4 cups and bake for 15 minutes.
- When the cheesecakes are done, the centers will be only slightly jiggly when poked.,
- Remove the cheesecakes gently from the pan, and then refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, beat together the cream until soft peaks form. Then, stir in the maple syrup and continue beating until slightly stiff. Dollop over each cheesecake and serve.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled to make more mini pumpkin cheesecakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g