The minute I scaled down cheesecake to serve two people and made those mini New York cheesecakes, my mind started spinning with ideas for variations. Since it’s Pumpkin month (I guess some people call it October, to each his own), pumpkin cheesecake with maple whipped cream had to be made.
The crust is effortless: drop in a store-bought gingersnap cookie (the crisp kind). The eating part is also effortless. Enjoy!
Makes 4 mini cheesecakes in a muffin pan
- 4 gingersnap cookies
- 5 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375, and line 4 cups in a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Drop a cookie in each liner, with the flat side down.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and spices.
- Divide the mixture between the cups and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cakes cool, then refrigerate at least 4 hours. When ready to serve, beat together the cream until soft peaks form. Then, stir in the maple syrup and continue beating until slightly stiff. Dollop over each cheesecake and serve.