I’m not about to share a recipe for raspberry marshmallows, and then not give you something boozy and delicious to float them in!
I made white hot chocolate the other day, because I’ve always loved the white stuff more than the dark stuff. I made a few cups of it, and then finally reached for some booze to jazz it up. My first grab was peppermint schnapps, which was fun— stir it with a candy cane, and you’re basically drinking peppermint bark. But my next reach was Chambord. I love the black raspberry liquor from France called Chambord. It’s pretty delicious in almost anything. Especially in white hot cocoa. Especially when that white hot chocolate has raspberry marshmallows floating on top.
Raspberries and white chocolate were made for each other. This reminds me of my mini mason jar tarts with white chocolate and raspberry jam swirls. But, I may even like this more because: booze.
I’m going to leave it up to you to decide just how much raspberry liquor to add. The only thing is–you must add it at right before serving, or it will curdle. So, do a little sip sip, pour, sip sip, pour until you get it juuuuuuuust right.
My final plea is to use real white chocolate. Not the chips. Chocolate chips are designed not to melt, so buy a bar of your favorite white stuff (mine is Lindt), and let it slowly melt into the milk.
Stay toasty, my friends!
- 3.5 ounce bar of real white chocolate, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup half and half (or whole milk)
- 2 shots Chambord (raspberry liquor)
- raspberry marshmallows for garnish
- Chop the white chocolate into 1/2" pieces.
- Warm the half and half over medium heat in a small saucepan. Let a few bubbles form along the edges, but do not let it boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Cover, and let sit for a few minutes to melt the chocolate.
- Remove the lid and stir.
- Divide the mixture between two glasses, add a shot of Chambord to each, and serve with raspberry marshmallows.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 0gSugar: 35gProtein: 8g