Small batch brownies for two.
Are you familiar with my concept of brownies for two? I bake a small batch of brownies in a loaf pan. If you’ve been reading this site for a while, you’ll know that my loaf pan is my favorite way to scale things down. I use it for small batches of blondies, marshmallows, and even lasagna!
My brownie recipe made in a loaf pan has been oh-so-perfected over the 6 years I’ve been scaling down desserts. Yes, 6. I’ve eaten a lot of brownies in 6 years. Let me tell ya. (Let my hips tell ya).
As if cutting the brownies in half into two giant bakery-sized pieces isn’t fun enough, my all-time favorite best-brownie-recipe ever is made in the microwave. Yes, really! Since this recipe is easy, simple, and cute, you just have to make your sweetie brownies from scratch for Valentine’s Day.
Start by combining butter, sugar and cocoa powder in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for two 30-second pulses, stirring in between. Stir in an egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir for 50 strokes! Scrape into pan to bake. Easy!
For today’s Valentine’s day dessert for two, I stirred in pretty pretty M&Ms.
They easily lift out of the pan if you line it with parchment paper.
When you’re baking small batch brownies, all you have to do is cut them in half and serve!
Here’s a quick little HOW TO VIDEO showing the basics of making the small batch brownies for two:
10 minPrep Time
23 minCook Time
33 minTotal Time
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup M&M candies
- Preheat the oven to 325, and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Stir the mixture very well, and then add the salt and vanilla. Stir for 1 minute to cool the mixture.
- Next, add in the egg, and stir until its incorporated.
- Finally, add the flour, and stir for 50 strokes!
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle the M&Ms on top.
- Bake for 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with fudge crumbs clinging to it. The surface of the brownies is shiny when done and starting to crack.
- Let cool completely in the pan, and then lift out using the parchment paper.
- Slice in half and serve.