Hey, heat wave. I’ll beat you at your own game today. I’ll drink boozy lemonade on the porch and you can just do your thing. As long as I have an ice cold glass of this sour Campari lemonade, I’m fine with you. Enjoy your stay.
Last summer, I drank Rosé lemonade by the jug. This summer? I choose Campari lemonade.
I love this recipe because you can make absolutely everything from scratch (homemade pucker-y lemonade recipe below), or you can buy it at the store.
You can be your own mixologist and make it all yourself, or you can make like a frat guy and dump Campari into a jug of lemonade. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
The only reason I like to make my lemonade from scratch is because I like tangy, almost sour lemonade. The final drink tastes like a sweet and sour Campari punch. I’m obsessed.
Are you a Negroni lover? Please, come in and stay a while. I love Negronis. I think that you have to be one who likes bitter flavors to love a Negroni. If you have a lingering bottle of Campari or Aperol in the bar with which to make Negronis, dust it off and make a Campari lemonade!
Gratuitous photo of Camille wearing sunglasses and eating watermelon by the pool. You’re welcome :)
I hope you guys are having a great summer, and are staying cool!
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 shots Campari (or Aperol)
- lotsa ice
- In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar with 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Let cool.
- Combine the sugar syrup mixture with the lemon juice. Taste. Add more water if you think it's too sour.
- Pile ice to the top in two glasses. Pour the lemonade over the top, and add a shot of Campari to each glass. Stir and serve.