Peach jalapeno margaritas, made right in the blender! A refreshing blend of jalapeño simple syrup, and fresh peaches! Recipe makes 2 drinks, but can easily be scaled up to make a pitcher.
Can we talk about what I always blab about at parties when I have a margarita in my hand? I brag about how the frozen margarita was invented in my hometown of Dallas. Then, I smugly sip my margarita and lick my salt mustache. And then I peer-pressure everyone else to put a margarita in their own hand. When something tastes delicious, I want everyone to enjoy it with me.
That's how I feel about these peach jalapeno margaritas---I want to make one for everyone! The spiciness from the jalapeño gives the same burn as tequila, but with a fruity note. You could even make these without the tequila since the jalapeños give it a 'cocktail' taste.
Peach Jalapeno Margaritas:
The heat from the jalapeño comes from the simple syrup. I added half of a fresh jalapeño to the simple syrup and pressed it with a wooden spoon to extract as much flavor as possible. If you're up for it, you can definitely use an entire jalapeno, not just half.
The jalapeño simple syrup is so delicious that I've been doubling the recipe and stirring it into lemonade. I can't get enough sweet-heat right now! Sweet and spicy lemonade is a thing you have to try, especially in the summer months!
I love the pitcher that I'm using in the photos, because it comes with a plastic lid to keep everything sealed in the fridge until you need it. This is the pitcher I use and love.
Want more margarita deliciousness in your life? Try my margarita pie with pretzel crust and tequila-laced whipped cream.
For the jalapeño simple syrup:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ of a fresh jalapeno, sliced in half
For the margaritas:
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup jalapeño simple syrup
- 1-2 shots of silver tequila
- extra lime juice for the rim of the glass
- salt or sugar for the rim of the glass
- First, make the simple syrup: in a small saucepan combine the sugar, water and jalapeño.
- Bring to a simmer while smashing the jalapeño with a wooden spoon to extract the flavor.
- Once it boils, remove from heat and let cool completely. Transfer to a container and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- To make the margaritas: blend the diced peaches, lime juice, ¼ cup of the jalapeño simple syrup, and tequila in a blender.
- Add a handful of ice cubes and blend until slushy. Enjoy garnished with lime and jalapeño slices.
Just want to say that the calorie count on this recipe is off, because it's assuming that you're using the entire recipe fro the jalapeno simple syrup. You're only using ¼ cup per drink, though!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 701Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 158gFiber: 4gSugar: 145gProtein: 2g