Meet your new go-to summer dessert.
This cold little cup of heaven is already my favorite thing about summer.
Although, when winter rolls around, I will add warm mulling spices and keep eating this. Icy, boozy desserts suit me well, no matter the time of year. I'd be lying if I didn't tell you how frequently I enjoyed a champagne sundae. Is every day at 5:00 too often?
This recipe for sangria sorbet makes 2 cups of sorbet, but you can easily double it. Just make sure your ice cream maker can handle the volume.
I recommend a fruity, light red wine for this recipe; a Pinot Noir is perfect in this situation. You can use any type of accent liquor that sounds good to you---anything from Cointreau to peach moonshine. (I'll give you one guess which one I used!)
I feel like I should warn you about the addictive properties of this sangria. You've been warned. Now, go make it and enjoy it on a hot day!
Makes 2 cups
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup fruity red wine
- ⅔ cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 3 oranges)
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon orange liquor (or peach moonshine)
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, stir together the sugar and water. Heat in the microwave for about 1 minute, stir together until sugar completely dissolves.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together well. Cover and chill completely, at least 4 hours but overnight is best.
- Churn in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's direction. Scrape the churned sorbet into a dish, cover and place in the freezer for a few hours to firm up.
Recipe adapted from David Lebovitz.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 2gSugar: 53gProtein: 1g
I've been craving sangria all week long and now you've gone and dropped this in my lap! Such a great idea! Cool and refreshing. Perfect.
I'm already OBSESSED with sangria and now you've gone and turned it into a summery dessert. You, girl, read my mind.
O..M...G how cute is your little metal bowl thingy! *Squeal*
Kathy @ Food Wine Thyme says
Love sangria, I am sure I would absolutely love it in a sorbet. Do you deliver? ;)
Daniel @ TickleMyTastebuds says
Never tried sangria - but this looks fantastic, might try and whip something up!
So pretty and so refreshing!!
Ashley - baker by nature says
I am currently OBSESSED with sangria, so this sorbet is just... calling me. I want 3 bowls right now!!!
Nutmeg Nanny says
Oh, what a clever idea! I love sangria and sorbet, this is just perfect :)
This sounds heavenly! I think I'll make this for my guests for the 4th!
Meredith In Sock Monkey Slippers says
wow! looks delish!