MM cookies: your favorite soft and chewy m&m cookies made with Valentine’s Day candies!
Can I introduce you to a way to eat cookies and candy at the same time? Oh, so you’ve heard of adding M&Ms to cookies before? Hmm.
Well, can I at least introduce you to chopping M&Ms into tiny pieces before adding them to your cookie dough? Yeah, now we’re talking about cramming even more candy into our candy cookies. I knew I could be of service to you today! (You’re welcome). Reward yourself with MM cookies!
So, I grabbed a bag of pink and red Valentine’s Day M&Ms at Target (because I like pretty things), and then I added a mere 1/2 cup to my standard small batch of chocolate chip cookies recipe. And honestly? They tasted just okay–not amazing. It didn’t blow my mind, and they definitely weren’t good enough to share with you.
However, I loved the idea of M&Ms in cookies, so I wanted to try again. Luckily, my small batch cookie recipes only make 1 dozen cookies, so I could try again the very next day. (Yes, 2 people can eat 6 cookies in one day. This is a judgement free zone, right?)
Since my favorite way to enjoy M&Ms is in a blizzard, where they’re chopped into tiny pieces, I chopped the pretty little M&Ms to smithereens. Then, I stirred them into my cookie dough. Perfection.
These M&M cookies are not only fantastic because a 1/2 cup of chopped M&Ms is more than a 1/2 cup of non-chopped M&Ms—they’re delicious because the espresso powder called for in my chocolate chip cookie recipe makes these cookies taste better than the bakery cookies. Yep, I said it. Try it for yourself.
If I ever open a bakery, I will add espresso powder to all of my pastries, and it will be my signature flavor and no one will know why my desserts are so good! Except you. You will know. But, I like you so it’s okay.
Since this recipe uses just the egg yolk, be sure to check out my ways to use a leftover egg white section!
If you’re looking for more small-batch cookie recipes, try my recipe collection for 1 dozen cookies or less.
Check out all the great reviews on these ALMOND BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES:
Or these COCONUT SUGAR COOKIES:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped M&Ms candies
- Preheat the oven to 375Â° and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together. Beat very well, about 45 seconds. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (except M&Ms) and add it in 2 batches to the creamed butter, beating just to combine.
- Stir in the chopped M&Ms. Make 12 dough balls (roll them in your hand), space them evenly on the cookie sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g