Well, friends, I just opened a can of pumpkin. And since my recipes use only 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup of pumpkin at a time, get ready for pumpkin inundation. You’ll love it, I promise.
This mini pumpkin bundt with bourbon glaze went quick in my house. I’ve been wanting to develop a recipe for a mini bundt that serves two for a while. The problem was that the top of the cake kept sticking to the pan. I’ve been blaming my pan for years. This time, I threw a hail Mary, poured in my pumpkin chai cupcake batter and had success! A cake made with butter has a higher chance of sticking to a pan than a cake made with oil. So, this pumpkin bundt is in your life because it’s a tender spice cake made with oil that will never stick to your pan–hooray!
This is the exact bundt pan I used:
Still, though, coat your pan with so much cooking spray that you almost have to pour out the excess. Don’t take any chances because you want every bite of this pumpkin dessert. You do.
- 7 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon whiskey
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a mini bundt pan very well with cooking spray. I repeat: spray very well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, sugar and vegetable oil. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then try to dump it out onto a wire rack. The cake should slightly pull away from the edges of the pan. If the cake does not come out easily, let it cool further. Worst case scenario: refrigerate the cake for a few minutes.
- Mix together all glaze ingredients, drizzle on cake, and serve.