Mini Pumpkin Bundt with Bourbon Glaze

Pumpkin-Bundt-1

Well, friends, I just opened a can of pumpkin.  And since my recipes use only 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup of pumpkin at a time, get ready for pumpkin inundation.  You’ll love it, I promise.

This mini pumpkin bundt with bourbon glaze went quick in my house.  I’ve been wanting to develop a recipe for a mini bundt that serves two for a while.  The problem was that the top of the cake kept sticking to the pan.  I’ve been blaming my pan for years.  This time, I threw a hail Mary, poured in my pumpkin chai cupcake batter and had success!  A cake made with butter has a higher chance of sticking to a pan than a cake made with oil.  So, this pumpkin bundt is in your life because it’s a tender spice cake made with oil that will never stick to your pan–hooray!

Pumpkin-Bundt-3

This is the exact bundt pan I used:

Still, though, coat your pan with so much cooking spray that you almost have to pour out the excess.  Don’t take any chances because you want every bite of this pumpkin dessert.  You do.

Pumpkin-Bundt-2

Mini Pumpkin Bundt with Bourbon Glaze

For the mini bundt:
  • 7 tablespoons flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
  • ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ cup pumpkin puree
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the bourbon glaze:
  • ½ cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Bourbon whiskey
  • 2 teaspoons milk
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a mini bundt pan very well with cooking spray. I repeat: spray very well.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, sugar and vegetable oil. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Don’t overmix.
  4. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  5. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then try to dump it out onto a wire rack. The cake should slightly pull away from the edges of the pan. If the cake does not come out easily, let it cool further. Worst case scenario: refrigerate the cake for a few minutes.
  6. Mix together all glaze ingredients, drizzle on cake, and serve.

Comments

I’m always so afraid that my bundt cakes will stick to the pan. So frustrating when that happens, since there’s often no way to disguise the damage. Thanks for the tip about oil cakes being less likely to stick!

And the bourbon glaze on this? Looks amazing. I could probably eat that glaze on its own!

I must get a mini bundt ASAP! Bourbon glaze? I’ve never wanted to drink a cup of glaze so bad in my life! This little guy is calling to me so hard and I’m wanting to make about fifty billion of them. Dessert for Fifty Billion! ;)

I always do a little prayer before bundt cakes too. I’ve had them stick, overflow, and just plain shrivel up and die.

I’m willing to risk it with this one though, because as Aimee said…you boozed it up! :)

Christina, your leaf decorations were so pretty with this lil’ cake and the glaze drizzling down the sides… sigh. I like the kick you added to the glaze and the “bokeh bourbon bottle” in the background (2nd photo, I think) — if your recipes don’t get me, your photography does. Actually, both!

These are gorgeous photos! That glaze in all of the crannies?! This is why I love bundt cakes so much. I also definitely need to get a mini bundt pan now…one bundt is just waaaaaaaaaaay too much for the two of us!

I didn’t know that little fact about cakes made with butter! These bundts are adorable and the bourbon glaze must take the taste factor over the top.

Oh my goodness! I have to find that bundt pan! What a fun way to make a bundt cake…I always end up having way too much when I use a big one. Thank you for sharing!

I ordered the pan when I saw this post. I am going to make the cake soon because the pan just came. It is so cute!

I love your site! Thank you so much. My husband and I are empty nesters. I love to bake but have not been because I don’t want so big a quantity. I am thrilled to have found your site.

9. erika says

This was the best thing I’ve ever baked and I’m proud that I made it from scratch! I used a large Fairytale pumpkin and the taste was so perfect. Thank you for this recipe! I’m making more tomorrow!