Make Your Own Greek Yogurt Pops

…with roasted fruit!

Homemade popsicles with just 3 ingredients @dessertfortwo

I just bought a popsicle maker.  Naturally, I’m obsessed with it.  I want a popsicle morning, noon, and night.  I can always justify an afternoon or evening popsicle after a workout.  Late night snacking is my favorite, so you better believe I crack open the freezer for a treat around midnight.  But popsicles at breakfast?  Not my proudest moment.  Until now!

They say Greek yogurt and fresh fruit are good for us, so let’s freeze it!

Popsicles made with Greek yogurt, roasted fruit, and agave @dessertfortwo

I made the switch to plain Greek yogurt a few months ago, and I’ll be honest:  the transition was hard.  I craved vanilla bean yogurt.  Oh, and the Ba-nilla flavor that is the perfect flavor combo of banana and vanilla, almost like banana cream pie?  I pined for it.  But, I found that if I stir in a little agave nectar, I can happily eat plain yogurt.  Actually, I prefer it now.  I think it’s creamier without the sugar.

So, let’s talk fruit.  I roasted rosy red plums and strawberries to stir into these popsicles.  I’m positively plum obsessed.  I love the way they fit in your pocket, and since they’re quite sturdy, that’s where you’ll often find them on me.  The strawberries are pretty dreamy after roasting, too.

Any type of summer fruit you want to roast will taste great in these popsicles.  Just drizzle a few teaspoons of oil and sugar on the fruit, toss it with your hands, and roast at 400 for less than 30 minutes.  Keep an eye on it—the fruit is done when it slumps and the juices oozing from it start to thicken.  Watch carefully—they will burn if cooked any longer.  If you have the grill all fired up, try grilling the fruit instead of roasting!

Heat + fruit is a good thing.  Exhibit A:

Roasted summer fruit mixed with Greek yogurt for popsicles @dessertfortwo

Popsicles make you smile.  Fact.
Homemade Greek Yogurt Popsicles with Roasted Fruit @dessertfortwo

This post is sponsored by the American Dairy Association, a company I am proud to partner with to bring you dairy-licious recipes all year long! For more dairy-liciousness, follow the ADA on facebooktwitter, and pinterest.

ADA_JDM_FACTS_5

Greek Yogurt Popsicles

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Yield: 4 popsicles
Serves: 2
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 3-4 tablespoons agave nectar, to taste
  • handful of strawberries, plums, or fruit of your choice
  • 2 teaspoons neutral-flavored oil
  • 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
  1. First, preheat the oven to 400. Place the fruit on a small sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Drizzle the oil and sugar over the fruit, and toss to combine. Roast for 20-25 minutes, just until the juices oozing from the fruit start to thicken—watch carefully or it will burn. Let cool completely.
  2. Next, in a small bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt and 3 tablespoons of agave nectar. Taste, and add the additional tablespoon if you wish.
  3. In a popsicle mold, layer pieces of roasted fruit with the yogurt mixture. Follow your popsicle manufacturer’s directions for freeze times.

Other creamy, dreamy dairy things around the internetz:

Creamy Pea Salad

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fruit Dip

Chorizo Croque Monsieur

Pesto Yogurt Chicken Kebabs

Avocado Bean Dip

Comments

You threw me for a loop with the roasted strawberries and plums, both of which I adore.

It’s finally heating up here in the Niagara Falls area, and popsicles are the way to go. Never tried making my own with yogurt! This just went to the top of my to-do list!!

Go through several boxes of popsicles a week.

I definitely prefer Greek yogurt to regular now, too! These look absolutely delightful. I love the pic of you smiling with the popsicle :) Happy summer!!

3. Julie says

I need to make these for Papa Swope and me! Where did you get the popsicle forms? (although, I’m betting I can find them at Target, only I’m sort of scared of that place…I buy too many things when I go there). I love this idea!!

I am so, so glad you discovered Greek yogurt! I switched a year or two ago and have never looked back. It’s so delicious. And I’m also so glad you posted these popsicles. They look fantastic!

Yes to plums and strawberries.. that is all we used to eat in the summer (in the south) I’ll take all the popsicles made in the batch. :)

I’ve been working on the plain yogurt transition lately too – is it bad that I still can’t find a brand that I completely love yet? Fage is the creamiest so far, and I think I could love it if I ate it long enough. But the roasted fruit? YES PLEASE!

Fage is pretty awesome, but I’ve fallen in love with the Trader Joe’s brand. Chobani is also good. Actually, I haven’t met a full-fat Greek yogurt that I haven’t loved. It’s a bit harder to find a 0% fat Greek yogurt that’s awesome. Do you have a TJ’s? I can’t remember.

PS See you SOOOOOOOOOOOON :)

7. Karen D. says

LOVE LOVE LOVE GREEK YOGURT. MY KIDS LOVE IT WITH A DRIZZLE OF RAW HONEY. I LOVE IT WITH SLIGHTLY THAWED FROZEN CHERRIES, FOUND ORGANIC BAGS AT COSTCO. SLIGHTLY DEFROST CHERRIES IN THE MICROWAVE UNTIL A LITTLE JUICE STARTS TO COME OUT, ADD YOGURT AND SOMETIMES A LITTLE PURE VANILLA EXTRACT. YUMMY. I WILL HAVE TO TRY THESE POPSICLES. THEY LOOK DIVINE.

I am smiling just thinking about these awesome popsicles! And I am also realizing that I must buy a popsicle maker like stat!!! These are the prefect way to enjoy treats all summer long!

I’ve wanted to make popsicles since the weather warmed up (I’m in Texas, so you know that was ages ago ;)) and I haven’t gotten around to it yet. I recently made some strawberry cake filling and I have plenty left over. I’m thinking that swirled into some Coconut Greek Yogurt and made into popsicles is the way to go!!

10. Linda says

Can someone tell me where to get the popsicle molds? I found the ones with the plastic tops but not the popsicle sticks. Can’t wait to make some for my granddaughter. Thanks!

Your face looks like an ad. One of those ads that I want to buy everything in the ad, assume an entirely different lifestyle and never look back. Is this getting weird? Does it ever not get weird with me + you? XOXO

These look incredible! it’s tough to go back to those overly sugary processed cups once you’ve gotten accustomed to thick greek yoghurt. I love the addition of roasted fruit to your popsicles as I imagine they are sweeter than their raw counterparts without having to go overboard with addition sweetners in the recipe

1. […] Greek Yogurt Pops, by Dessert for Two S’Mores Ice Cream Sandwich, by Lemons for Lulu Chocolate Peanut Butter Fruit Dip, by The Lemon Bowl Chorizo Croque Monsieur, by Climbing Grier Mountain Pesto Yogurt Chicken Kebabs, by Garnish with Lemon Avocado Bean Dip, by Shugary Sweets Creamy Pea Salad, by The Law Student’s Wife […]