I'm guest posting today for my sweet friend Krissy of Krissy's Creations.
Click on over for my recipe for citrus olive oil muffins, and be sure to give Krissy lots of love. She's one of the sweetest bloggers and best macaron bakers I've ever met!
Citrus Olive Oil Muffins
Easy to make, soft and fluffy, small batch olive oil muffins.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
Total Time 26 minutes
- ¼ cup high-quality olive oil
- ½ teaspoon (heaping) citrus zest
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 drops almond extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoon citrus juice
- ⅓ + ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- toasted powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and place 4 cupcake liners in 4 cups in a muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and citrus zests of your choice. Add the sugar, almond extract, egg white, milk and citrus juice. Whisk the liquid ingredients together very well. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and slivered almonds. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and stir until just combined. Divide the batter between the 4 muffin cups and bake on the center rack in the oven for 16-18 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Cupcakes should be moist with some crumbs clinging to the toothpick. Let cool, dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 48gProtein: 3g
heading over, yummy!
Cold Pressed Sweet Almond Oil says
Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or
guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog
based upon on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share some
stories/information. I know my viewers would appreciate your
work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send
me an e-mail.
Yummy! Made with wheat flour and it worked out well.