I was ready for you before you even got here. I knew you’d be rough. I knew you’d be whispering sweet nothings into my ear, telling me it’s okay to go back to bed. I know your tricks. And I planned ahead. I’m beating you at your own game today. Because today, I have a breakfast that makes me want to pop out of bed just as soon as the sun peeks over the horizon. It’s a breakfast that excites me so much, I don’t even mind if I wake up the dogs and have to be the one to take them outside. My modus operandi is tip-toeing around in the mornings to avoid waking the dogs so that my husband has to be the one to take them outside. But if whole wheat bagels smeared with mascarpone cheese, smashed raspberries, and shaved chocolate are involved, I’M AWAKE!
To make these Monday morning grouchiness repellents, grab your favorite bagel. Then, I smeared them with mascarpone cheese. If you have trouble finding this, cream cheese is a great substitute. While the bagel toasted, I mashed some raspberries on a pretty blue plate. The bright red raspberries on the blue plate cheer me up so much in the morning. Then, I chopped chocolate–which also has high aptitude for cheering me up.
I sprinkled on the chocolate, layered it all together, and ate it with a big smile. Even though it’s Monday.
Mondays never looked so good!
- 2 Cobblestone Bread Co. whole wheat bagels, sliced in half
- 2 handfuls fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- Pop the bagels in the toaster, and toast them to your liking.
- Meanwhile, smash the raspberries and honey together.
- When the bagels come out of the toaster, divide the mascarpone between both bagels.
- Divide the raspberries on top of the mascarpone.
- Sprinkle the chocolate on each bagel, stack, slice, and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 827Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 33gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 848mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 7gSugar: 25gProtein: 14g