Now that I've publicly chugged whiskey right from the bottle (see this if you have no idea what I'm talking about), I feel like you and I can be a little looser with the whiskey 'round these parts. Am I right? Gosh, I hope so.
Let's shimmy our way from the aged whiskey to the straight-off-the-copper-still white whiskey.
Whatever you want to call it, I dig the moonshine. I even wrote an ode to moonshine last year; although I'm thinking of changing the name of the ode to 'how to throw up on a guy and still get him to marry you.' Yeah.
<quick! cut to iPhone photo of drink...>
The strawberries are overflowing from the farmer's market right now. So, I made a small batch of strawberry jam with the beauties. Then, I scrounged up the last 2 Meyer lemons from winter (I was holding them hostage in the bottom of the fridge), and added them to the mason jar with the strawberry jam. But, hey, jam cocktails are all about being easy. We don't have time to cook and cool simple syrup, so we use jam. So, don't feel like you have to make homemade jam to enjoy this cocktail.
Also, if you're more of a vodka girl, use that. If you're a gin guy, sub that. Just drink more jam cocktails, deal?
Check out my other Jam Cocktails!
- 2 heaping tablespoons strawberry jam
- juice of 1 Meyer lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 shots white whiskey (moonshine)
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- club soda to top off (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the jam, Meyer lemon juice and moonshine. Stir with a long spoon until the jam dissolves and some of the ice melts. Divide into two glasses.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and club soda, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 1g