Peanut butter blossom cookies made with just 4 ingredients! Peanut butter cookies with a kiss pressed into the center. Naturally gluten free peanut butter cookies, too!
Peanut butter blossom cookies
Peanut butter blossom cookies are exactly what you make when you need to bring cookies to a holiday party, or drop treats off on your neighbors porch. My love for these peanut butter kiss cookies is huge.
First, I love that they only require 4 ingredients! Yes, these cookies are gluten free, but I didn't intend for them to be this way. I made the peanut butter cookie gluten free because it really allows for the flavors to stand out more. We don't need flour, baking soda or baking powder getting in the way of peanut butter. The simplicity of this cookie is everything.
I also love that this recipe only makes 1 dozen cookies. Because sometimes, in my house, the bag of Hershey's kisses gets opened, and a few are eaten before I can bake. Now, I only need to hide 12 kisses in the freezer to make these cookies, and we're free to eat the rest of the bag.
If you're out of chocolate kisses, go ahead and press a piece of any dark chocolate in the center of the cookie when it comes out of the oven. You will still love it! You can also skip the chocolate piece and use Nutella instead! Check my recipe for Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies that was adapted from this recipe--it's just as simple, I promise!
Just 4 ingredients in these peanut butter cookies:
Yes, these cookies are flourless, and they really only require 4 ingredients. Since we're just using the egg white, here's a list of recipes to use leftover egg yolks. I also love that because this recipe is so simple, you can stir everything together in a small bowl. No need to use a hand mixer, either!
-peanut butter (I don't recommend using a 'natural' one that requires lots of stirring)
How to make peanut butter blossom cookies:
- Gather your ingredients: peanut butter, sugar, an egg white, and unwrap 12 chocolate kisses.
- The dough comes together in just a small bowl, stirred by hand. So simple!
- Divide the dough into 12 dough portions, and roll them into 12 neat balls. Space them evenly on a baking sheet. The cookies bake without the kisses. Press an unwrapped chocolate into the center of each cookie right when they come out of the oven. The warmth of the cookie will melt the kiss lightly and help it stick to the cookie.
- Let the cookies cool before attempting to stack them on plates or serving them so the chocolate pieces stay in place.
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter*
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 12 Hershey kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 and have a baking sheet ready.
- In a small bowl, stir together the peanut butter, sugar and egg white.
- Divide mixture into 12 balls and roll them in your hands to form balls. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Immediately push the Hershey kiss into the center when they come out of the oven. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a rack to cool completely.
*It's best to use a regular brand of peanut butter for this recipe. You can get away with some natural brands, but you want to avoid the brands of peanut butter that require a lot of stirring to incorporate the oil. Just pick up a jar of Jif and call it a day.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g