Ahhhh, peanut butter kisses. Or, peanut butter blossoms. Whatever you call ’em, they’re delicious. They’re ridiculously easy to make (only 4 ingredients!), and they’re gluten-free. It’s a win-win.
We make these cookies year ’round when we’re craving something sweet after dinner. They’re quick (15 minutes or less), and don’t require lots of ingredients. I can almost convince myself they’re not too unhealthy because I use good quality peanut butter, an egg white only, and most of the time I press a chunk of dark chocolate into the center instead of a kiss.
Just bake and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 12 Hershey kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 and have a baking sheet ready.
- In a small bowl, stir together the peanut butter, sugar and egg white.
- Divide mixture into 12 balls and roll them in your hands to form balls. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Immediately push the Hershey kiss into the center when they come out of the oven. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a rack to cool completely.
*It's best to use a regular brand of peanut butter for this recipe. You can get away with some natural brands, but you want to avoid the brands of peanut butter that require a lot of stirring to incorporate the oil. Just pick up a jar of Jif and call it a day.