Thanksgiving For Two {recipe collection}

Just in case you’re planning an intimate Thanksgiving dinner for 2, I thought I would link up to all of my small fall-themed desserts.

I almost had a Thanksgiving for two this year.  Two, being me and my favorite wine glass.  In California.  Not Texas.  My parents decided to ditch the family this year to go to a Dallas Cowboys football game on Thanksgiving Day.  When my Dad first delivered the news, I thought it was going to be a family affair. “Oh, how fun! I can sling insults at Tony Romo in person! Hooray!  Best day of my life!” I squawked.

Then, my Dad said sheepishly, “Oh darlin’, the tickets are for me and your Mom only.”  As if that wasn’t enough of a blow, get a load of what he said next: “Thanksgiving dinner is going to be picked up from Central Market”.

Y’all, I love Central Market.  In the summer, I want to set up a tent under the outdoor Hatch chile roasters.  In the winter, the bulk bin section with tea would be nice campgrounds.  But nothing, and I mean nothing, is acceptable for Thanksgiving dinner except homemade food.

I kept my sassy mouth shut and said I was grateful for Mom to have the holiday off from cooking.  But then, I secretly grabbed my iPhone so it could tell me what to do with my already purchased plane tickets—I wasn’t going to put up with Sneezy McColdson and Coughy McShouldaStayedHomeCuzI’mSick on an airplane for non-homemade food.  I would sell or delay my tickets.

Well, a few weeks passed and I didn’t get rid of my tickets.  I wanted to see my niece and nephews so badly that I decided I could eat a pre-made Thanksgiving dinner.  Just this once.

As soon as I made my peace with it, the fog lifted and my mom texted me to say that she was going to make a homemade Thanksgiving dinner, albeit a small one.  I guess miracles really do happen.  Believe it, kids.

Apple Cheesecake Crumb Pie (pictured at top)

Apple Crisp

Apple Pie

Baked Apples with Sorghum Syrup

Cranberry Buttermilk Donuts

Cranberry Shortbread Bars

Upside-down Pear Gingerbread

1 Dozen Sparkling Gingersnaps

Maple Creme Brulee

Pumpkin Biscotti

Pumpkin Chai Cupcakes

Pumpkin Donuts with Honey Glaze

Pumpkin Tart (aka Pumpkin Pie)

I hope y’all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Comments

This year will be a Thanksgiving for two, me and the husband (3 if you count the dog). I love your little recipe round-up. This weekend I made gingersnaps to get me in the holiday mood and it definitely worked. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

I feel the same as you about Christmas. I’m totally bummed out right now because everyone decided without me where it would be, what we would have (ugh, Lasagna – again! WHO HAS LASAGNA FOR CHRISTMAS? WE’RE NOT EVEN ITALIAN!) etc etc and I actually cried. I don’t even want to go home.

We ARE having a Thanksgiving for two, and I decided we’d go out. But I’m still making dessert, and you’ve got some great ones here.

Love ya, girl! Happy Thanksgiving!

Awww that’s so great that you’re going to see your family & that you get a homemade Thanksgiving dinner! I’ve planned on a Thanksgiving for two the past 2 years, but luckily it’s always worked out that some family has traveled to be with us. I still kind of want to make my own small meal one time though. Anyways, thanks for sharing all of your fall recipes… they look delicious! I especially have my eye on that cheesecake at the top! :)

Oh my goodness…central market. My husband and I just moved back home to Alabama from Houston and Central Market is the MAIN thing I miss. It was literally in our back yard. Although I have to agree…even central market wouldn’t beat a homemade Thanksgiving meal!

I hope you have a fantastic holiday, girly :) I miss chatting with you – i hope we end up on another trip together this coming year.

and yes, please to that maple creme brulee. yum.

Oh thanks goodness I also love me some Central MArket , but homemade tops any place every time!! Hmm, Texan fan here, so I’m happy for your parents to catch the game, but Roms..well nah!!
    Thanks for the round up!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving !!

Hi, Christina! Your dessert photos were SO enticing… one of each? :) Hoping you’re in the middle of homemade fun (and food) right now. I’m missing my family, too — just got off the phone with my daughter (in New Hampshire) after dinner with her friends. She said, “Mom, ya know what I miss the most?” (Of course I was thinking it was ME, lol.) She answered: “Cooking!” At least some things have become a tradition. :) Happy Thanksgiving, sweet friend!

8. Lynda Agen says

Many blessing I send to you, Christina, remember to enjoy what is around you, the miracles are there always.
    love, Lynda