Bacon pasta for two; this creamy 5-ingredient pasta recipe comes together so quickly! Another easy dinner for two.
If your days are anything like mine, you can barely count to 5 at the end of it all. Also, at 7pm, this monster comes out of my stomach and says ‘GIMME ALL THE CARBS.’ Do you have that monster in your house, too?
I’m always craving an easy, creamy pasta dish after Happy Hour. Yes, we celebrate Happy Hour in my house almost daily, and you are all invited!
Since I’ve normally filled up on bourbon, I take it a easy on the heavy cream and use yogurt as the creamy base for this sauce instead. But lacking flavor, this pasta is not. Do you see that bacon? Oh, heavens! Please buy the thick-cut bacon with peppered edges. It’s the king of bacon.
When you walk in the door from work, put the water on to boil for the pasta. By the time the pasta is al dente, you’ll have a creamy, easy dinner that no one can resist. You don’t have to tell anyone it’s made with yogurt instead of cream!
This bacon pasta recipe uses a leftover rotisserie chicken breast, 3 slices of bacon, yogurt, and a heavy dose of all-purpose grill seasoning. It’s so hard to believe that something with such few ingredients can come together into a fantastic dinner for two. You’ll keep this recipe on repeat all year long, I promise! I hope you love it as much as we do around here.
I created this Creamy Bacon Pasta recipe for Food Fanatic, but as always, I’ve pasted the recipe below to make it easy for you.
The all-purpose grill seasoning that I grab the most is this steak seasoning mix made by Mccormick, but if you have lemon pepper spice mix or anything else in your pantry similar, it will work! You can even make your own by combining garlic powder, onion powder, lemon zest, coarsely ground black pepper and smoked paprika.
- 8 ounces Pasta, dry and any shape
- 3 slices Bacon
- 1 breast of Rotisserie Chicken, with skin removed
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon All Purpose Grilling Seasoning Mix
- In a large stockpot, bring water to boil for pasta. Once the water is boiling, salt the pasta water (if you like), and then add the pasta. Stir once, and then cook for the recommended amount of time on the pasta box.
- Meanwhile, slice the bacon and cook it in a medium skillet over medium heat. When it is cooked through (but before it is all the way crispy!), remove from the pan and drain.
- While the bacon cooks, shred the chicken breast, and then warm it through in the bacon grease left in the pan.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain (saving some pasta water), and add to the skillet with the chicken. Stir in the bacon, yogurt, and seasoning. Add a bit of pasta water, a few tablespoons at a time, and toss until a sauce forms and evenly coats the pasta. Serve immediately. Leftovers do not keep well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 52mg Sodium: 1103mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 28g