Chicken bacon pasta for two is light because it’s made without cream–it uses yogurt instead! This 5-ingredient pasta recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes, too!
If your days are anything like mine, you can barely count to 5 at the end of the day. Also, at 5:30pm, this monster comes out of my stomach and growls ‘give me all the carbs you have.’ Do you have that monster in your house, too? I create chicken dinners for two because it makes my life so much easier.
I created this easy creamy chicken bacon pasta without cream to satisfy that monster. After cooking some bacon in a pan, shred some leftover chicken breast. If you have rotisserie chicken leftover, this is a great place to use it! If not, follow the directions for my avocado chicken salad for cooking a chicken breast on the stove, and then proceed.
This bacon pasta recipe uses a leftover rotisserie chicken breast, 3 slices of bacon, yogurt, and a heavy dose of all-purpose grill seasoning. It’s so hard to believe that something with such few ingredients can come together into a fantastic dinner for two. You’ll keep this recipe on repeat all year long, I promise! If you love skillet meals, Skillet Spanakopita is your next dinner after this. I hope you love it as much as we do around here.
5 Ingredients for Chicken Bacon Pasta:
- chicken breast: Leftover rotisserie chicken is great here, but if not, cook up a single chicken breast on the stove top in some chicken stock until it registers 165-degrees Fahrenheit.
- pasta: I like a shortcut pasta here, like penne pasta, ziti, or rigatoni. I made this pasta with regular wheat, and I didn’t test the recipe using whole wheat pasta or pasta made from legumes or other grains. You can try these types of pasta, if your family likes them.
- bacon: thick-cut bacon with peppered edges is the best thing to use here. It’s the king of bacon.
- Greek yogurt: Any kind of plain (not flavored) Greek yogurt will work here. I use full-fat because that gives the best flavor to any dish.
- steak seasoning: This seasoning blend typically contains coarse sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and sometimes paprika. It’s a party in a bottle and it brings so much flavor to this dish. Another option is lemon pepper seasoning.
Step by step:
- First, put a large pot of water on to boil to cook the pasta. Salt it very generously before adding your pasta.
- Meanwhile, slice your bacon and add it to a large skillet over medium heat. It’s important to use a large skillet so we can toss everything together in before serving.
- While the bacon cooks, shred your chicken breast and have it ready. Measure out the yogurt and steak seasoning.
- Remove the bacon from the pan just before it starts to get crispy. In the final dish, we want tender pieces of bacon with a little crispness on the edges, not crunchy throughout.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add it to the pan along with all other ingredients: The shredded chicken, the bacon, yogurt, and steak seasoning, and serve immediately.
If you’re looking for a Whole30 dinner that has these same flavors, try my Bacon Chicken with Guacamole–both are creamy, contain chicken and feature bacon.
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta, any short shape
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 breast of Rotisserie Chicken, with skin removed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- In a large stockpot, bring water to boil for pasta. Once the water is boiling, add a small handful of salt to the water and then add the pasta. Stir once, and then cook for the recommended amount of time on the pasta box.
- Meanwhile, slice the bacon into 1-inch pieces and cook it in a medium skillet over medium heat. When it is cooked through (but before it is all the way crispy!), remove the pieces from the pan.
- While the bacon cooks, shred the chicken breast, and then warm it through in the bacon grease left in the pan.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain (saving some pasta water), and add to the skillet with the chicken. Stir in the bacon, yogurt, and seasoning. Add a bit of pasta water, a few tablespoons at a time, and toss until a sauce forms and evenly coats the pasta. Serve immediately. Leftovers do not keep well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 1103mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g