Gift Guide for Newlyweds--it's that time of year!
Chances are, you have a newlywed or young couple on your holiday gift list this year. If not, then you probably have an empty nest household on your list. Or both.
Newlyweds and empty nesters are one in the same, if you ask me. Neither of them want to eat leftover lasagna for 17 days straight (and as such, they dutifully make my loaf-pan lasagna). And they both know that a cookie recipe that makes 4 dozen cookies is ridiculous. These are my people!
The good news is that I'm here with a gift guide for newlyweds, or those of us that like to small-batch bake or cook. Click on the (affiliate) links below within the text for each product.
1. This high-quality kitchen timer is magnetic and sticks to the stove, the fridge, your metal hip, anything you like. Because there is actually nothing worse than spending time prepping a meal and then burning it. Time yourself!
2. A beautiful board for serving food. Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that people are serving foods on boards these days! This board is beautiful and monogram-able.
3. A pretty recipe box is just what newlyweds need. As soon as a recipe gets two thumbs up from both parties involved, it's time to put it in the vault. Make that vault something pretty enough to leave on the counter at all times.
4. For the couple that loves to cook, the Ooni Pizza Oven makes pizza at home that is as close to a traditional Neapolitan pizza you will ever get. It gets to 900-degrees Fahrenheit for that classic bubble crust!
5. I'm a bit of an expert in the kitchen, so trust me when I say these are the best kitchen towels ever. Absorbent, pretty, thick and resistant to most stains, everyone needs new kitchen towels!
6. Pretty oven mitts that are cute enough to leave out all the time. These are high-quality and thick.
7. A decanter set this stylish only encourages drinking. It doubles as decor because it's stunning.
8. A high-quality Dutch oven is a life essential in my book, but did you know they make small ones that hold 5 ½ quarts? I use this all the time for small-batch soup recipes, and I even bake bread in it!
9. A full, amazing set of measuring cups and spoons that are sturdy enough to last a lifetime, and then be handed down. Be the hero and buy them for your favorite couple.
10. This wouldn't be a gift guide if I didn't try to convince you to buy my first cookbook, Dessert for Two: Small Batch Cookies, Brownies, Pies and Cakes, would it? The honest truth is that this book sells so well because it's the perfect gift. Newlyweds love it because baking together is cute, and empty nesters love it because it has their favorite desserts without all of the tempting leftovers.
11. Maybe your favorite couple says they like to cook more than bake. Enter my second book: Comfort & Joy: Cooking for Two. It has savory recipes for any meal of the day, and I cook out of it myself weekly. It has small-batch muffin recipes for breakfast, fast lunch recipes for two, and dinner for two recipes.
12. My book that came out earlier this year is Sweet & Simple: Desserts for Two. Yep, it's even more desserts for two. Because the list of desserts to scale down is literally endless. The good news about this book is that the recipes are simple and easy, most with less than 10 ingredients.
13. And finally, I have a 4th cookbook called Dinner Just for Two for the couples that want simple meals that lend themselves to meal prep. The chapters are divided into recipe type, including: Cook Once, Eat Twice, Soups, Pasta, Vegetarian, and more. Plus, there's even a Leftovers section at the end to help reduce food waste, so the rest of the cilantro goes to good use!
14. We all want coffee-shop style coffee at home, and this Small Nespresso is perfect, one cup at a time.
15. For the couple that drinks tea, this is the Best Tea Kettle I've ever owned. It's stylish, sleek and so pretty.
16. When we added an Air Purifier to our most-used rooms in our house, I couldn't believe how much better everyone felt. Less sniffles, less lingering odors and less dust and pollen that trigger allergies. I love this small one for individual rooms.
17. I have stylish friends, and all of them have this Knotted Wooden Piece of decor in their homes right now. This one landed on our living room table, but it's welcome anywhere.
18. Similarly, a fresh Set of Coasters is always a classy gift. These match the serving board above, too!
19. Newlyweds need Photo Frames for their wedding photos, and similarly, empty nesters need new photo frames for grandkids!
20. A Stylish Blanket for the couch, an arm chair or the foot of the bed. This one is classic and beautiful.
21. And last but not least, this Miry's Spice Kit is not only delicious, but it also uses proceeds to help newly arriving refugee families settle in the United States. It's a good way to help love your neighbor and invite robust flavors in the kitchen, too!
Thanks for reading this gift guide for newlyweds, friends! If you have any recommendations that you think I would like---either kitchen tools that help with small-batch baking or anything pretty my kitchen needs, please let me know in the comments! I'm always on the lookout!