Rice Crispy Treats: small batch

Rice crispy treats are definitely one of those desserts that I just can’t stop eating.  Every time I walk by the pan, I cut myself another sliver.  Oh, you too?  Well, then let’s scale ‘em down to make fewer servings!

You can press this small batch of rice crispies into any small pan—a bread loaf pan, muffin pan, or even just roll them into balls.  You can drizzle them with chocolate, stir in peanut butter, whatever you wish!

Have fun with this recipe, y’all!

Rice Crispy Treats: small batch

Makes 2 servings, or 4 muffin cups
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (plus more for pan)
  • 1¼ cups mini marshmallows
  • 1½ cups rice crispies
  1. Begin by greasing your pan of choice with the extra butter.
  2. In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows together. When smooth, stir in the rice crispies. Immediately scrape the mixture into the pan. Smooth the surface with a non-stick spatula. Let cool completely, then serve.

Comments

My husband would do illegal things for rice krispie treats. It’s like his favorite thing on this planet and I’m a horrible wife b/c I’ve never once made them for him. Are they seriously only 3 ingredients?! Now I feel bad…

Does it count as portion control if I make a batch of these and eat with a batch of your Mississippi Mud Brownies AND fried ice cream? You are amazing! Now to figure out which recipe to try first!

P.S. When is your cookbook coming out? You SO need a cookbook! ;)

3. Li says

I’ve just discovered your site, for which I am so grateful. You are an absolute saver with your scaled down recipes (yeah I, too, have a slight-ahem-massive portion control issue)! And have I mentioned I love rice krispies? :)

Ha! Of course, I walk by and take a sliver every time :) That’s how you turn a pan into a ‘serves 2′ recipe.

I have cake up on my blog today that’s definitely not just for two people. Oh and my first giveaway: a vintage milk glass cake stand. I hope you check it out!

That is so me! I usually only make half a batch of Rice Crispy treats, but I finish them off by myself within an hour or so. I just can’t stop. SO SO good. And I rarely have them. So yeah, love this recipe!

6. Christina says

I knew I could find a small batch here. I added hot pink food colouring and sprinkles. Put them in cupcake liners and they are ridiculously cute.