Today, we are celebrating! Yes, again.
Today, we’re hosting a virtual baby shower for the lovely, sweet, adorable, and talented Jen Schall of My Kitchen Addiction. I doubt this lovely lady needs an introduction, but in case you’re new to food blogging, Jen sets the standards around these parts. Her recipes are flawless, her photos are stunning, and her Kitchen Bootcamp and Works For Me Wednesday series made us all better cooks. She’s the bee’s knees.
And even better, she’s having a baby! A baby girl! Just think of all the cute pink clothes!
So, if the internet was real life, we would all be getting together in person to honor this fabulous woman. But, we live all over the country, so we’re doing this 2012-style: online! If I could attend Jen’s baby shower in real life, I would bring these brown sugar cookie cups stuffed with caramel apple chunks. They would look great on a fall dessert table, and they would be gobbled up in no time!
Here’s a list of all the other baby shower foods (we went crazy with apples, didn’t we?!):
Bluebonnets & Brownies | Raspberry Lemon Fruit Dip
Sugarcrafter | Sweet Potato Cake with Honey Buttercream
My Baking Addiction | Mini Pumpkin Pies
Simple Bites | English Eccles Cakes
Stetted | Roasted Red Pepper and Caramelized Onion Dip
Food for my Family | Homemade Pear Italian Sodas with Cardamom Cream
eat. live. travel. write. | Goat Cheese and Tomato Tartlettes
Gimme Some Oven | Creamy Caramel Apple Dippers
Dessert For Two | Caramel Apple Cookie Cups
Bake at 350 | Soft Sugar Cookies for a Baby Shower
A Thought For Food | Fingerling Potato Salad
TidyMom | Apple Pomegranate Spritzers
i am baker | Advice to a New Mommy
Healthy Green Kitchen | Guacamole with Pistachios
Tracey’s Culinary Adventures | Caramelized Onion, Gruyere and Bacon Spread
What Megan’s Making | Apple Spice Muffins
Cookin’ Canuck | Gorgonzola Cheese Cups with Pear & Hazelnut Salad
Bellalimento | Frozen Berry Shortcake
Shugary Sweets | Caramel Apple Truffles
GoodLife Eats | Coconut Lemon Banana Bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup small-diced peeled apple (from 1 medium apple)
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease 12 cups on a mini muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together with an electric mixer the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder and salt and beat until just combined (do not overmix).
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the dough and roll it into balls in your hand. Drop each ball into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 9-11 minute, until the cups are domed. The edges should not be too golden brown.
- Meanwhile, saute the diced apple in the butter, sugar, cinnamon and orange juice until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Immediately after the cookies are done baking, press the handle of a wooden spoon into each muffin cup to create a divot. Press it down about ½” and wiggle it to make the hole larger.
- Scoop the apple mixture into each cookie cup.